View Vacancy - VNM (Ho Chi Minh) - Trade Manager – Renewable Energy, B3(L)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Department for International Trade roles (DIT)
- Your primary role will be to assist UK companies in the energy sector to do business in Vietnam, including management of our strategic relationships with relevant Government departments and with key stakeholders in the sector. You will be expected to identify new projects needing UK expertise and work with the UK to source that expertise.
- You will be the HCMC lead for DIT energy projects. This role is ideally suited to someone who is proactive and comfortable working under limited supervision – coming up with their own solutions to problems – but knowing when and how to seek advice from others. You should also be a strong networker who seeks out new relationships while maintaining current relationships. You will also be expected to make a positive contribution to the wider DIT and British government team which will include working closely with colleagues in the Embassy in Hanoi and British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City, British Chamber Vietnam and the wider ASEAN region.
- You will be expected to liaise with numerous stakeholders including UK Export Finance (UKEF) in the UK to identify possible areas for collaboration and viable projects for UKEF funding. Similarly, you will be expected to seek out opportunities in the sector for aid funded business projects such as those supported by the World Bank and the European Development Bank. You will also keep an eye on inward investment opportunities that arise when collaborating with Vietnamese counterparts.
- Proactive self-starting approach to work with the ability to deliver effectively with limited day-to-day supervision in a fast-paced environment;
- A network of industry contacts in the energy sector in Vietnam, or the ability to develop such a network;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- IT proficiency, including Office and the ability to learn FCDO applications/systems.
- Familiarity with UK business and UK Culture;
- Experience of working with the Vietnamese government.
28/01/2022Education for Nature - Viet Nam (ENV)
28/02/2022Vietnam Public Health Association (VPHA)
04/03/2022WHO - World Health Organization
28/01/2022Save The Children International
27/01/2022Save The Children International
21/01/2022Oxfam in Vietnam
06/02/2022Save the Children
30/01/2022Save the Children
27/01/2022Save the Children
10/02/2022Save the Children
26/01/2022Managament and Sustainable Developement Institute (MSD)