Position: Trade & National Trade Facilitation Committee (NTFC) Expert
Base of Operation: Hanoi, Vietnam
Period of Performance: o/a July 2021 – June 2022 (subject to extension based on manager’s recommendation)
The Trade Facilitation Program is a five-year project that aims to support Vietnam to adopt and implement a risk management approach to the clearance of goods at Vietnam’s borders which will facilitate the implementation of the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA).
The Program will work with the General Department of Vietnam Customs (GDVC) to strengthen Vietnam’s National Trade Facilitation Committee (NTFC) and its Standing Office and Working Groups; streamline border clearance procedures (including specialized inspection implemented by other line ministries and agencies); harmonize the implementation of risk-based approaches between the national and provincial levels; train national and provincial customs officers and staff from other ministries on risk management; and facilitate dialogue between customs and business and between stakeholders in Hanoi and in the provinces.
The Trade Facilitation Program will provide assistance to the Government of Vietnam (GVN) at national and provincial levels. A key objective of the Program at national level is to strengthen the NTFC in order to improve its effectiveness and support implementation of the TFA. The Vietnam NTFC was established under Prime Minister Decision 1899/QD-TTG dated October 4, 2016 and is otherwise known as the ‘1899 Committee’ or ‘NSC’ being the National Steering Committee for ASEAN Single Window (ASW) system, National Single Window (NSW) system, and Trade Facilitation.
The NTFC is an entity assisting the Prime Minister in steering, coordinating, checking and implementing the ASW, the NSW, and taking measures for cross border trade facilitation. The NTFC assists the GVN and the Prime Minister in directing, managing and coordinating activities of concerned Ministries and other organizations to consistently implement measures to facilitate trade.
The Trade & NTFC Expert will work closely with the Senior Trade Facilitation Expert (STFE) to undertake activities designed to assist the GVN to strengthen and promote the role of the NTFC in implementing the WTO TFA as a solution or contribution towards Vietnam’s trade facilitation effort.
The post of Trade & NTFC Expert will be a full-time position based in Hanoi. The Trade & NTFC Expert will be required to visit provinces as needed to cooperate and collaborate with public and private sector stakeholders so as to increase awareness of the NTFC and the TFA and to further their participation in the legislative and procedural design and implementation processes. To achieve this the Trade & NTFC Expert will be required to liaise and work closely with the Program’s Trade Facilitation Provincial Coordinators and Private Sector Outreach Specialist. The Trade & NTFC Expert will also assist the STFE in implementing all project tasks efficiently, effectively and to the highest professional standards.
The Trade & NTFC Expert will adopt lead responsibility for Program activities as related to NSW and ASW, the WTO TFA, the NTFC and the Vietnam Trade Information Portal (VTIP).
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Trade & NTFC Expert will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide advice, guidance and practical technical support for full and effective implementation of the WTO TFA;
- Review and offer recommendations for revision of the legal basis, mandate and terms of reference for the implementation-mechanism for the WTO TFA i.e. the NTFC;
- Regularly monitor and report on progress with implementation of the WTO TFA offering recommendations on action required and proposing solutions for effective implementation of the GVN’s commitments;
- Collaborate with the GDVC to organize consultation and technical workshops and/or conferences, for both public and private sectors, so as to promote the role of the NTFC, increase awareness of the WTO TFA and other GVN trade facilitation initiatives and identify opportunities for greater private sector involvement;
- Undertake situational surveys, reviews and feasibility studies of the operations and effectiveness of the NSW and ASW so as to increase transparency and improve cooperation and integration of all GVN procedures related to imports and exports including specialized inspection;
- Contribute to the planning process and preparation of Annual Work Plans and Quarterly and Annual [Progress] Reports for the Program; and
- Other contributions to the Program as directed by the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party and/or STFE.
- Degree in law, economics, business administration, international trade, trade policy, customs administration, or similar field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on trade or customs related matters;
- Proven knowledge and understanding of requirements under the WTO TFA;
- Demonstrated experience of working or collaborating with the private sector;
- Ability to solve problems as well as exercise considerable analysis and judgement to identify solutions;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Applications; and
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese.
The Trade & NTFC Expert will report to the Senior Trade Facilitation Expert.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com.
Deadline for application: COB 11 Jun 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank