Trainee – Children and Youth team
Closing Date: 24 June 2021
Organization information: Established in January 2010, the Center for Supporting Community Development Initiatives (SCDI) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization registered under the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations.
SCDI deeply believes that each individual and community has great hidden potential, which can be used not only to tackle their own problems, but also to contribute to the development of the society. Through the approach of empowerment together with policy advocacy, SCDI aims to create motivation and an environment for these potentials to be realized in favor of positive goals.
The Children and Youth program at SCDI focuses on the most marginalized and vulnerable children and young people (those who are affected by drugs, HIV, juvenile in conflict with the law, etc.) with a view to support and enhance their life skills, resilience, mitigate potential risks and increase their access to education, healthcare and opportunity for development.
We are implementing projects that provide harm reduction and HIV prevention for young people who use drugs, increasing young women and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive knowledge and services and supporting disenfranchised children and youth to access to education, health care, and social support.
Responsibility: The trainee will be involved in various real work duties to support projects coordinated by the Children and Youth program. During the training period, the Trainee will have opportunities to gain experience of all aspects and learn different skills required for future job as a program officer in a non-profit organization. Tasks include (but not limited to):
- Participate in developing work plan and budget for project activities;
- Assisting in carrying out project activities: organizing trainings, workshops, field visits, case management, research, communication campaign, etc. to deliver desirable outcomes within projected time frame and quality;
- Assisting in preparing logistics, interpretation and materials preparation for consultants and project teams;
- Liaise with provincial officers, community-based organizations, consultants and other stakeholders to support relevant activities;
- Follow up with special case of children and youth who needs emergent support
- Participate in capacity building and monitoring activities for community-based organizations;
- Participate in SCDI’s internal capacity building activities;
- Support and participate in developing new activities and initiatives.
- Being a fresh graduate or having less than 2 years of working experience. Having a background in public health, social work, or other social sciences is a plus but not mandatory.
- Having good English written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrating a strong interest in community development and work towards children and youth, especially those who are vulnerable and marginalized (children of poor migrants, prisoners, drug users, out of school etc.)
- Having high attention to details, good organizational skill and problem-solving mindset
- Having good communication skills
- Having high responsibility and resourcefulness
- Willing to develop capacity to work in a fast changing and diversed environment
- Willing to learn and master Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams) and other internet-based working tools.
Period: 9 months, from July 2021. The term may end earlier if the trainee applies successfully to another open position at SCDI during the trainee term. Benefits:
- Lunch and an allowance to cover transportation and basic living cost will be provided.
- Participation in staff development program
- After the training period, a performance review will be conduct and the trainee might be considered for official position in the program.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and a CV (maximum 2 pages - with at least 1 contact for reference) via email to:
Ms. Tran Hong Nhung – Admin Manager
SCDI offers equal employment opportunity for all applicants, irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity and religion. SCDI encourages members of vulnerable communities with suitable capacity to apply for position at SCDI.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank