Position: Training Coordinator – Wildlife Crime Leadership Initiative (WCLI)
Reports to: Capacity Building (CB) Team Leader
Supervisor to: N/A
Location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Country Program: WCS Viet Nam
Team/Division: Capacity Building
Employment Type: Full time, 1 year fix-term contract
Internal liaison: WCS Viet Nam’s Managers, Team Leaders and regional CB team
Expected travel: Approximately 35%, within the country.
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in nearly 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities. Working with local communities and organizations, that knowledge is applied to address species, habitat and ecosystem management issues critical to improving the quality of life of poor rural people whose livelihoods depend on the direct utilization of natural resources.
WCS Viet Nam Program Overview
WCS has been working in Viet Nam since 2006, focusing on strengthening the commitment, capacity and actions of the government of Vietnam to combat wildlife trafficking. Through supports and cooperation to executive and judiciary sectors, including Ministry of Public Security, Supreme People’s Court, Supreme People’s Procuracy, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, and the National Assembly, it has provided and shared intelligence on criminal wildlife networks which help generate well-informed decisions in enforcement operations. WCS Viet Nam have generated a wide range of reliable data on a number of related issues on illegal wildlife trade, trained and briefed about 3,300 law enforcement officers, policy makers, journalist, researcher and managers at nation-wide in investigation and enforcement techniques, legal barriers and distributed a number of technical handbooks and guides. It has assisted central agencies to review and propose necessary changes to national legislation, criminal intelligence analysis systems, inter-agency cooperation. WCS has also facilitated Government-to-Government dialogue through multilateral and bi-lateral collaboration efforts, between Viet Nam and Asian, African and Latin American countries, to detect and response to illegal wildlife trade networks. Its wildlife health expertise has been leveraged to address unregulated wildlife trade and mitigation of pandemic threats, through collaborative research, training, and policy development.
WCS has developed a regional Wildlife Crime Leadership Initiative (WCLI) and is currently piloting the program in Indonesia and Viet Nam. The WCLI invests in law enforcement officers who have the potential to be future leaders through a long-term program, sharpening not only in operational skills but also strengthening leadership, personal development, executive skills and an understanding of the value of wildlife conservation. This represents a unique and pioneering approach to building leadership in countering wildlife tracking, seeking long-term sustainable change rather than short-term knowledge retention.
The Training Coordinator’s primary role is to support trainees’ engagement in the WCLI and to facilitate their learning. The Training Coordinator will also support development and delivery of the program and lead the monitoring and evaluation of its impact. Providing this bespoke support to the trainees in their place of work will require the Training Coordinator to travel to various provinces where participants work to provide on-site, hands-on coaching and problem-solving discussions.
WCLI Program Implementation
- Lead the development of onsite coaching plan for trainees in coordination with training team and local partners;
- Provide support and follow up to trainees to address obstacles to learning, and monitor their progress between courses;
- Coordinate the execution of remote learning content to the trainees and facilitate remote seminars as relevant;
- Act as the communication channel for the trainees to gather their concerns, trouble and reflection and deliver the information to the WCS for timely adjustment and response.
- Work with trainers and local partner(s) to prepare for training courses which includes planning, coordinating and evaluation;
- Support the development of training materials; contribute in production, compilation and translation of all training curriculum, syllabus, or materials from course, both as electronic documents and hardcopies;
- Support the branding development and promotion of the WCLI in Viet Nam.
- Work with relevant WCS staff and local partners to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the WCLI, tracking deliverables to align with donor commitments;
- Provide inputs to Capacity Building team’s work plans, quarterly reports and all other requested reports;
- Documents lesson-learnt for sharing internally and updates to donors;
- Provide inputs and feedback on training methodologies and propose innovative approach to increase effectivity of the coaching/mentorship activities to WCS Viet Nam as a whole;
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Commitment to the conservation of wildlife and wild places;
- University degree (or equivalent level of training from a Government training academy such as People’s Police Academy, Hanoi Procuratorate University) in a relevant field such as education, biology, environment, public management, law enforcement, criminal justice;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in training, adult education or coaching;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Vietnamese;
- Excellent computer skills (MS office package, email, database skills, internet);
- Experience as project/programme officer at an international NGO, as desirable.
- Knowledge of Viet Nam law enforcement systems
- Knowledge of Viet Nam training systems for police
- Additional experiences in as teacher/lectures, or holding position within learning management will be an advantage
- An understanding of key issues of wildlife conservation and illegal wildlife trade that WCS works on, as desirable.
- Verified track record of working with relevant government agencies, donors, and other partners on similar topics is an advantage;
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications should apply online via this link: https://forms.gle/nphyZwcnZvHFLF878 latest by 23:59 of 25 October 2020.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value. The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam