Full Time, 9am-5pm (Monday – Friday)
Contract Start Date:
Overview of Care for Children
Care for Children's vision is to see a generation of orphaned and abandoned children transformed by the opportunity to grow up in a family. We develop strategic partnerships with governments to help create a positive alternative to institutional care through local family-based care. Care for Children has been operating in China since 1998, helping a generation of orphaned and abandoned children to be placed into good, local families. Following the success of the Chinese project, Care for Children has been invited by many Asian governments to replicate its programme. In 2012 Care for Children began work with Thailand. This is Care for Children’s first project outside of China and is currently being developed as a replicable model of best practice for the South East Asia region. In 2017 Care for Children was invited by Vietnamese central government to develop foster care as an alternative to institutional care for children under special circumstances in Vietnam.
We are looking for a Training Officer who will work with the Training Manager to develop and produce training material for the SPC (Social Protection Centre) staff, and related parties (such as government officials). This position requires a full-time office presence from 9am to 5pm daily five days per week to ensure smooth operation of the office.
You will need to be a Vietnamese national who will assist the Training Manager in co-ordinating, supervising and leading Care for Children’s training program to the SPCs. The role will include translating and developing Care for Children’s training materials for the Vietnam project, and to amend and revise programmes as necessary in order to adapt to changes of culture and working environment. You will need to regularly analyse needs with the Training Manager and to determine what training is needed for growth and development. The role will also include regular communication with Care for Children’s government partners at all levels, from Ministry to grassroots.
- Work with Care for Children’s global team to translate, write and produce contextualised training materials that are in accordance to the laws, regulations and traditions of Vietnam
- Assist the Training Manager in developing Care for Children’s training programme for the Vietnam project
- Deliver training at various training events
- Coordinate training workshops with other trainers
- Evaluate training and development needs of Care for Children’s project partners (SPCs and government departments).
- Execute project visit and support local foster care practitioners when and where needed
As a small organisation, you may sometimes be required to do jobs that are outside of this job description. We are looking for a candidate with potential managerial qualities. At Care for Children, we appreciate staff with a “can-do” attitude who will embrace any task presented to them.
There will be opportunity within the role to further progress your skills by attending various training courses and participating in international study visits. The candidate must show potential to develop into a more senior role within two years, and which is likely require a lot of travelling as the project moves into stage 2.
Salary and Employment Terms
- Vietnamese National
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in the development of training materials and training programmes
- Desired to have at least 2 years’ experience delivering training with confidence, and being able to adapt to different audience
- Experience in managing and translating training differences between cultures
- Master degree in child development or developmental psychology (critical-must)
- Beneficial to have a good business understanding of working with the Vietnamese government
- Organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives
- Confident decision maker
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good attention to detail
- Good at taking initiative
This position is open to Vietnamese only. Female and male applicants will be considered equally. Specific salary will be based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate. Care for Children pays competitive salaries and offers a full package of benefits.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume in English outlining your relevant experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted. Please do not call the office.
Personal note from the Country Manager:
“You will be joining Care for Children’s team at a very exciting time as we lay the foundations for a project that seeks to positively and permanently change Vietnam’s child welfare system in favour family-based care in the community for disadvantaged children. Change is often challenging, but this is a pioneering project with a big vision, and will require both passion and perseverance from everyone in the team, but the results will ensure that thousands of the country’s most vulnerable children will have the opportunity to grow up in a secure and loving family environment.”
Care for Children
Country Manager, Vietnam
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất