Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the–Transformation Delivery Manager at any existing Save the Children International office location.
Save the Children is a global organisation with ambitious goals in a constantly changing environment. We need to continuously improve and innovate to achieve our strategic goals and deliver high impact for and with children. Therefore, at any point in time, we have a large number of transformation initiatives in flight; and SCI Transformation Delivery team is our organisation’s centre of excellence for delivering them. Still, however many projects we deliver, there is always more opportunities for improvement – selecting the ones that will have the highest leverage is critical. We first need to understand the pipeline of opportunities and it is then the feasibility stage of the project lifecycle that provides the information that enables us to make good strategic choices on which projects to take forward considering the benefits case as well as the cost and wider organisational implications.
The role of the Transformation Development Manager will be to define, embed and manage a robust early stage project management process, working in partnership with our PMO team and Transformation Leaders to understand the needs and opportunities across the movement, conduct or coordinate the prioritised feasibility exercises and business case development and to actively support the project start-up for those that are selected to go forward.
In addition to the core feasibility and initiation work, this role will act as a key SME supporting wider teams and functions across Save the Children to provide support and guidance on how to go about scoping and setting up new initiatives through hands on guidance and offering ongoing opportunities for capacity strengthening.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience working with global stakeholders across different levels of the organisation from a broad range of contexts
- Demonstrated experience playing management roles in transformation projects or working as part of a team leading a large and complex transformation
- Experience of working on IT and Business focused projects
- Experience of industry project management standards and holding project management teams accountable to those standards
- Demonstrable experience of acting as a ‘business partner’ to functional areas e.g. Supply Chain, Finance etc.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with high levels of change and quick turnaround times, whilst delivering to the highest standards
- Ability to resolve complex project issues, with a balance of pragmatism and rigour
- Experience setting up new initiatives including initial scoping and business cases
- Experience working with project governance structures
- Demonstrable coaching skills to help build the capabilities of others in the area of project feasibility and initiation
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
- Proficiency in a second core language of Save the Children (French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic
We can offer circa £59,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Deadline 24 October 2021
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
21/12/2021Save the Children
09/12/2021UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
09/12/2021Save the Children
06/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization
10/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
08/12/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
07/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
13/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization