- Position: Translator/Interpreter cum Program Officer
- Reports to: Capacity Building Team Leader
- Location: Hanoi, Viet Nam
- Country Program: WCS Viet Nam
- Team/Division: Capacity Building
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Internal liaison: Other WCS Viet Nam teams and Greater Mekong region team on capacity building
- Expected travel: Up to 20%
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in nearly 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities.
WCS Viet Nam Program Overview
WCS has been working in Viet Nam since 2006, focusing on strengthening the commitment, capacity and actions of the government of Vietnam to combat wildlife trafficking. Through support and cooperation to executive and judiciary sectors, including the Ministry of Public Security, Supreme People’s Court, Supreme People’s Procuracy, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, and the National Assembly, it has provided and shared intelligence on criminal wildlife networks which help generate well-informed decisions in enforcement operations. WCS Viet Nam have generated a wide range of reliable data on a number of related issues on illegal wildlife trade, trained and briefed about 4,000 law enforcement officers, policy makers, journalist, researcher and managers at nation-wide in investigation and enforcement techniques, legal barriers and distributed a number of technical handbooks and guides. It has assisted central agencies in reviewing and proposing necessary changes to national legislation, criminal intelligence analysis systems, and inter-agency cooperation. WCS has also facilitated Government to Government dialogue through multilateral and bilateral collaboration efforts, between Viet Nam and Asian, African and Latin American countries, to detect and respond to illegal wildlife trade networks. Its wildlife health expertise has been leveraged to address unregulated wildlife trade and mitigation of pandemic threats, through collaborative research, training, and policy development. Recently, WCS Viet Nam has also expanded to species conservation, focusing on finding and protecting Rafetus Swinhoei in the wild.
Under the supervision of the Capacity Building Team Leader, the Program Officer’s primary role is to translate and interpret for the Wildlife Crime Leadership Initiative (WCLI) Program in Viet Nam. This position will also assist in executing and supporting training activities and curricula development and other logistics for the delivery of training events of the Viet Nam Program.This Job Description is progressive in nature and shall be reviewed and amended from time to time to meet WCS Viet Nam program needs.
- Provides daily support to the Capacity Building Team Leader for the implementation of the WCLI Program in Viet Nam;
- Is responsible for English-Vietnamese and vice-versa translation and edits of WCLI’s related documents including correspondences, training materials and online learning hub;
- Is responsible for the consecutive interpretation of WCLI’s related events;
- Supports WCLI program communication in line with WCS’s branding and marking and Communication Strategy;
- Supports to development of communication products on WCLI;
- Manages to input WCLI program deliverables into WCS’s knowledge management for WCS staff to find and use the necessary data effectively and efficiently;
- Works with Program staff in charge of capacity building to support relevant capacity building activities under WCS Viet Nam program;
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree in English language or English Vietnamese translation/interpretation or related fields;
- 2-3 years of relevant experience as a translator/interpreter;
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese;
- Profound oral and written communication skills;
- Good Public speaking ability;
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy;
- Work independently with little direction;
- Shown ability to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner;
- Excellent computer skills (MS office package, email, internet);
- Experience as project/programme officer at an international NGO, as desirable.
- Concern for wildlife conservation & environmental issues is an asset.
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications shouldapply via link https://forms.gle/cM5prvCu6TgeJHeP8latest by 23:59 of 18 October 2022
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value. The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer