USAID Vietnam Trade Facilitation Program
SCOPE OF WORK
Base of Operation: HANOI, VIETNAM
Period of Performance: JUNE 2020 – DECEMBER 2021
(subject to extension based on manager’s recommendation)
The Trade Facilitation Program is a five-year project that aims to support Vietnam to adopt and implement a risk management approach to the clearance of goods at Vietnam’s borders which will facilitate the implementation of the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA).
The Program will work with the General Department of Vietnam Customs (GDVC) to strengthen Vietnam’s National Trade Facilitation Committee (NTFC) and Working Groups; streamline border clearance procedures (including specialized inspection implemented by other line ministries and agencies); harmonize the implementation of risk-based approaches between the national and provincial levels; train national and provincial customs officers and staff from other ministries on risk management; and facilitate dialogue between customs and business and between stakeholders in Hanoi and in the provinces.
The Senior Management team of the Trade Facilitation Program consists of the Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chief of Party/Senior Customs Expert (DCOP) and Senior Trade Facilitation Expert (STFE). In addition to the Senior Management team, the Program currently has technical specialists permanently based in Hanoi and also has a team for operations, finance and administrative support.
The Program is now seeking a Translator to provide direct support to the work and activities of the Senior Management team and the technical specialists. As Translator, the successful candidate will work on a day-by-day basis under the direct supervision of the COP, DCOP and STFE.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Translator will be responsible for the following:
- Interpret (simultaneously) for the team members during workshops;
- Interpret during meetings, working sessions, and field visits as required; and
- Translate documents from English language to Vietnamese and vice versa (incl. e-mails, letters, technical documents, reports, minutes of meeting, etc.).
The Translator should have the following qualifications:
- Graduated from university, major in English or other related fields;
- English proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing;
- At least 4 years of working experience in equivalent position i.e. translator but experience of providing assistance and support would be an advantage;
- Good at Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, Email;
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Able to handle confidential information appropriately; and
- Discretion, trustworthiness, team working, independent, deadline-oriented and proactive.
For all administrative matters, the Translator will report to the Finance & Operations Director and for all technical matters will be supervised and report to the Senior Management team.
Interested applicants can submit their CVs/Resumes to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline of applications is May 31, 2020 at 6:00 pm Hanoi Time. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
04/06/2020Embassy of Denmark
15/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020World Vision International - Vietnam
National Team Leader and International Team Member for Feasibility Study of Opportunities for Viet Nam to Participate in SEADRIFUNDP