Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more.This requirement will be reduced to six months for internal candidates who are incumbents of a position confirmed for discontinuation.
|Position Title:||Communications Consultant|
|Duty Station:||Ha Noi, Vietnam|
|Type of Appointment:||Consultant|
|Estimated Start Date:||September 2021|
|Closing Date:||5:00 PM, August 8, 2021|
|Reference Code:||VN2021/HN/014 (C)|
- Nature of the consultancy: An initial six-month Communications consultant role (Sept 2021– Feb 2022; office-based and full-time basis, with possibility of extension) assumes responsibilities to the counter trafficking related project. S/he is expected to also make contribution to formulating initiatives to the visibility of IOM’s work, especially on social media.
- IOM Project to which the Consultancy is contributing: Tackling Modern Slavery in Vietnam (TMSV): Enhancing behaviour change communication and assistance services
- Tasks to be performed under this contract:
TMSV project: Exchange communication with IOM project team and partners and work with event/media companies to support the delivery of TMSV project communication plans, including:
- Develop communications materials for Behaviour Change Communication campaigns and events, including putting out press release and other media engagement from IOM.
- Support project team in writing/editing, documenting case studies and lessons learned, supervising the production of communication tools and materials.
- Research and visit the project fields on related project issues, taking photos, making videos and capturing stories to support project evaluation.
- Support the development and dissemination of online social media contents and other outreach initiatives within TMSV project and other relevant activities of IOM on a regular basis as consulted with the project team.
- Engage in monitoring the social media and mass media to provide regular updates on topics related to irregular migration and modern slavery in the UK.
IOM Viet Nam’s Communications
- Develop communications materials, social media content, including graphics, videos and other multimedia formats that effectively informs and engages external audiences and supports media and advocacy campaigns.
- Continuously contribute to improving IOM social media output by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Support monitor and moderating comments on social media posts, intervening as appropriate to answer questions and guide the conversation.
- Bolster IOM’s presence by actively engaging with media agencies and social media channels.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Experience and Academic Requirements
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken forms in English and Vietnamese;
- Minimum two years of demonstrated proficiency with new technology for communications and outreach including the web, social media and multimedia tools, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tiktok, and others.
- Sophisticated understanding of multimedia content, including how it can best be produced, packaged, published and shared on websites, on social media and with news organizations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, Windows, Office, and Outlook, and desktop software applications; Photography, video, and design/layout skills;
- Organised, efficient and able to meet deadlines and manage events.
- Some relevant experience working on issues related to human trafficking, vulnerability, and/or migration would be desirable.
How to apply:
Completed applications, including cover letter, CV and copies of diplomas and certificates may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with title [IOM - 0721] - Full name - Posision referring to this Consultancy Notice’s Position Title.
Applications are non-returnable and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
From 26.07.2021 to 08.08.2021
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross