Đại Sứ Quán Hoa Kỳ Tuyển Dụng Trợ Lý Visa Full-time 2021
The U.S. Embassy Hanoi is located at No 7 Lang Ha Street, Ba Dinh District in Hanoi, Vietnam. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. You may contact the Embassy switch board at +84-24-3850-5000.
Visa Assistant - All Interested Applicants
06/04/2021 - 06/18/2021 (Format MM/DD/YYYY)
Vacancy Time Zone:
LE - 1415 7
Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
1 in Hanoi, VM
For More Info:
HR Section 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
- Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM - FS is FP-7. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
Incumbent of this position will be responsible for all functions associated with nonimmigrant visa (NIV) application processing such as intake, data entry, biometric collection, visa printing, document pass-back, and assisting consular officers with interpretation as needed during interviews. S/he will screen incoming information from a variety of sources and organizes it in accordance with U.S. immigration law and Department of State regulations to ensure that the consular officer can effectively adjudicate NIV applications and that all legal requirements of the application process have been met. The incumbent will process diplomatic and official visas and coordinates post’s visa referral program. In addition, s/he will assist with consular outreach activities and handles tasks related to statistical analysis and information technology, including compiling statistics and workload reports, developing and maintaining NIV databases; and maintaining the visa pages on the Embassy’s public website or internal SharePoint site. The incumbent will provide back-up assistance to the Fraud Prevention Unit as necessary.
The incumbent will report directly to the Supervisory Consular Assistant and is reviewed by the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit Chief.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least two years of administrative and customer service experience, or other related work in the consular field, or similar work involving the application of relatively complex regulatory material is required.
- Ability to read and follow the applicable U.S. immigration laws and visa procedures and guidelines and other English language references.
- Ability to comprehend the standard work procedures and guidelines of the Consular Section and the NIV Unit, as well as the functions and activities of other sections in the Embassy, and how the work of each unit/section relates to other work units/sections.
- Solid understanding of Vietnamese law as it pertains to marriage, personal property, civil rights and immigration, as well as of the national and provincial education systems, in order to be able to evaluate the bona fides of various public documents submitted.
College or University studies is required.
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have/be able to:
- Deal with customers in a professional and courteous manner, and to work under pressure.
- Advanced keyboarding and data entry skills due to the high volume of visa applications processed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), and other common software applications and social media/internet platforms.
- Ability to translate/interpret professionally English to Vietnamese and vice versa, as well as the ability to apply good judgment in evaluating evidence and to apply complex regulations.
- Excellent organizational, management and interpersonal skills.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site here
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- University Degree
- Other Document
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank