- Assist in monitoring developments relating to socio-economic development and women’s advancement in the region.
- Carry out background research on subjects related to gender and women issues and social sciences, and on other ECW’s areas of work.
- Compile and organize information and reference materials on identified areas of research related to the work program of the division from various sources for reports, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences, etc.
- Carry out a periodic search on new resources of relevance to the work of the division and share these periodically with colleagues.
- Assist in updating, developing and producing the division’s information and resource tools.
- Draft inputs to presentations and research papers.
- Provide administrative and logistic support to the organization of ECW meetings.
- Prepare minutes of meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- be computer literate in standard software applications;
- have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- applicants should have an educational background in social sciences such as law, international relations, political science, Gender and Women Studies, and sociology
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Arabic is also a working language of ESCWA. Fluency in spoken and written English is required. Knowledge of Arabic and/or French is desirable.
Post date: 03/08/2021Animal Asia UNDP
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children
12/08/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
08/08/2021Save the Children