In line with the One Strategic Plan of the UN in Viet Nam for the period 2017-2021, the UNDP Country Programme Document (CPD) for the period 2017-2021 underlines UNDP’s work to promote green, resilient and sustainable development in Viet Nam. UNDP’s targeted policy advisory service and technical assistance will support Viet Nam to mobilize, track, and make more effective use of resources, including public/private domestic and international finance for biodiversity conservation, environmental protection, climate resilience, and low-emission development.
UNDP is implementing a Green Climate Fund (GCF) – funded five-year project titled “Improving the resilience of vulnerable coastal communities to climate change related impacts in Vietnam” (also referred to as the Coastal Resilience Project). The Project involves the participation of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD), Ministry of Construction (MOC), Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) and 7 provinces: Nam Dinh, Thanh Hoa, Quang Binh, Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, and Ca Mau. The Project seeks to scale up tested interventions that to increase the resilience of vulnerable coastal communities in 28 coastal provinces of Viet Nam.
The specific objectives of the Project are as follows:
Component 1: Storm and flood resilient design features added to 4,000 new houses on safe sites, benefiting 20,000 poor and highly disaster-exposed people in 100 communes;
Component 2: Regeneration of 4,000 hectares of coastal mangrove storm surge buffer zones using successful evidence-based approaches;
Component 3: Increased access to enhanced climate, damage, and loss data for private and public sector application in all 28 coastal provinces of Vietnam.
Component 3 of the Project focuses on policy support for planning at the national and subnational
levels to apply disaster/climate related information to inform climate-resilient planning and help strengthen local level early warning systems at the commune level.
Duties and Responsibilities
To support communication activities for Component 3 of the project “Improving the resilience of vulnerable coastal communities to climate change-related impacts in Viet Nam”
The intern will work with and under the supervision of the UNDP CCE Media and Communication Analyst. He/she will perform the following tasks:
- Closely work with the Component 3 consultants, international officer, and the communication officer of the Project CPMU in the implementation of the communication activities
- Collect relevant information, draft articles, and human success stories for the Component 3
- Document the key activities of this Component in the form of photos and short interview clips with beneficiaries and local authorities to highlight the effectiveness of this Component
- Assist with content creation for the Project’s online platforms (Facebook, Youtube, Project website) including video stories, video subtitles, infographics, and photo stories
- Support the organization of awareness raising campaigns/activities and public events/activities to promote the Project’s achievements, with a focus on Component 3
- Support the documentation of media clippings and share news on climate change and environment-related topics
- Collect articles on climate resilience in Viet Nam weekly
- Support as a backup designer to put the selected content in the electric newsletters (UNDP newsletter for Resilience in Viet Nam and the project’s one)
- Provide other support for Project communication activities
INDICATIVE DELIVERABLES BY THE INTERN
The intern is encouraged to lead, with guidance from UNDP experts, to provide the following key results during the internship.
- Be honest and communicates effectively when working in teams and independently;
- Outgoing and prepared to take initiative, with a goal oriented mind-set;
- Effective at organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view; and
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
- Currently in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree; or
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies;
- Required field of study: journalism, communications, or related fields;
- Fluent English and Vietnamese — the deliverables must be presented in either or both languages according to the audience;
- Excellent ability to use basic computer software (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is required. Basic web image, layout and design, and video editing ability are a must;
- Have good interviewing the local rural people and writing skills;
- Have good photo taking skills; and
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Proven track record of experience volunteering or working with a national newspaper is an advantage.
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất