- Organisation Name: CARE
- Location: Hanoi
- Contract: Full time 1 year, and will be renewed upon mutual agreement.
- Application Deadline: Tue, 2023-11-28
Founded in 1945, CARE is a leading humanitarian organisation fighting global poverty and providing lifesaving assistance in emergencies. In over 100 countries and territories around the world, CARE places special focus on working alongside poor women and girls because equipped with the proper resources, they have the power to help lift whole families and entire communities out of poverty. To learn more, visit www.care-international.org.CARE in Vietnam is a creative and dynamic organisation working with Vietnamese and international partner organisations since 1989 in over 300 projects. We recognise that the key to achieving equitable development outcomes lies in addressing deeply rooted, structural underlying causes of poverty and injustices contributing to the exclusion and vulnerability of particular groups in society. Our long-term program goal in Vietnam is that poor and marginalised ethnic minority and urban people of all genders, particularly women, equitably benefit from development. To learn more, visit www.care.org.vn
About the roleThe Programme Support Officer provides support to a range of programme activities including training, survey/research, MEL, communication/campaign, financial and logistic tasks of the program/projects within the Urban program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND CONTRIBUTIONSPROGRAMME IMPLEMENTATION
Assist the technical process (in preparation and implementation) of Urban program’s activities and take the lead on selected assignments in agreement with the team, including:
- Assist in capacity building trainings for partners and beneficiary groups, tasks including designing activities, co-facilitating, activity reporting, pre- and post-training tests as needed;
- Provide support in organizing events/campaigns and project activities in locations and online as assigned; and
- Manage small grants under supervision of portfolio/ project managers.
- Assist the administrative work for programme development and programme implementation, including logistics preparation for training and workshop events, travel arrangements, and minute taking, etc.;
- Assist Urban Program team in preparation for and follow-up with the implementation of Urban projects; procurement plans in compliance with technical guidance, CARE’s regulations and policies;
- Update and keep tracks of progress of programme, supplies and other procurements;
- Assist the team to compile and procure materials for programmes/project activities;
- Provide translation and interpretation, as required.
- Support the Urban Program team with financial procedures (e.g. payment, advance requests/ procedures, consultant contract, etc.) in a timely manner and in-line with project budget;
- Maintain detailed records of beneficiary training and meeting attendance and associated costs (travel, accommodation, per diem) as required;
- Assist the Urban Program team in budgeting for programme/project activities and new proposal development; and
- Ensure the efficient and proper use of activities funds in line with the approved budgets and in compliance with CARE’s finance manual and donor guidelines.
- Assist in collecting MEL related information and data, obtaining agreement from manager for taking corrective actions as appropriate;
- Accompany the team to the field to support the roll-out of partner activities and contribute to activity report writing;
- Assist in documenting project activities, processes, emerging models, and lessons learned; and
- Participate in data collection for project evaluations, research, and case studies.
Ideally you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes;
- Proven ability to manage and acquit a cash advance;
- A willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities ;
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills, ability to work under pressure, and to organise and manage workload to meet deadlines;
- Good communication skills in Vietnamese and English; and
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office and numeric skills.
Why you should apply:
- Ongoing professional and personal development
- A dynamic and innovative environment
- Supportive teams
- A comprehensive benefits package
Application Deadline: before 5:00 pm on 28 November 2023Base in Hanoi with travels to project locations in Vietnam to work with partners
Full time 1 year contract, and will be renewed upon mutual agreement.
We invite Vietnamese candidate to submit expressions of interest to join our team. Please click the Apply button and complete online application form linked to the vacancy on our careers page https://www.careers-page.com/care-vietnam. Please ensure you attach your pdf file that including letter of interest and CV in English language before submitting.CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thanks for your interest in CARE! We are committed to each other and to the protection of the people we serve. We do not tolerate sexual misconduct within or external to our organisation and imbed child protection in all we do. Protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse and child protection are fundamental to our relationships, including employment; and our recruitment practices are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable to work with other staff and the people we serve. In addition to pre-employment checks, we will use the recruitment and reference process to ensure potential new staff understand and are aligned with these expectations. To find out more, please contact the Human Resources Team Leader.