Job Title: Upstream Officer
Appointment: Local hire – 3 year term
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new growth strategy (IFC 3.0) to stimulate more investment activity, especially in Low Income Countries (LICs) and Fragile and Conflict affected Situations (FCS). This strategy calls for generating our own opportunities by proactively working “Upstream” to create, deepen, and expand markets and to imagine, design and implement investment projects. It requires taking a systematic approach to understanding the regulatory and sector bottlenecks that prevent the flow of private capital into productive investment in our member countries, and addressing these bottlenecks through World Bank Group engagement on policy reforms and programmatic interventions at the country and sector level. It also requires capacity to leverage WBG programs and projects to develop our own proactive sector interventions and to imagine and design projects even in the absence of reforms.
IFC is seeking Investment Officers or Operations Officers for Upstream with expertise of executing investments, financings, or consulting engagements in one or more sector relevant to the Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (“MAS”) industry group. The MAS industry group covers manufacturing, agribusiness, tourism, retail, property, health and education and related sectors.
The selected candidates will focus on developing high-quality Upstream pipeline in the Asia and Pacific region, primarily in Vietnam and the Mekong region, under the supervision of the Regional Upstream Lead. They will also support policy work and other interventions across the World Bank Group to prioritize various initiatives and to maximize the impact of Upstream efforts. Please visit our website for information on IFC’s work in the agribusiness sector.
Role & Responsibilities:
The roles and responsibilities of the position will include but not be limited to:
- Support the identification and assessment of Upstream opportunities based on country and sector strategies and market creation potential.
- Contribute to the development of feasibility studies and implementation plans for Upstream projects that lead to IFC investments.
- Execute Upstream projects and initiatives that lead to IFC investments.
- Assist in designing and implementing scalable solutions and platforms similar to “Scaling Solar” that can be replicated across markets.
- Help spot game-changing trends, technologies and business models that can bring solutions to emerging markets.
- Produce regular reports on the assigned Upstream portfolio including monitoring progress against project milestones and KPIs.
- Contribute to sector-specific data analysis and stress-testing of various operating models to help generate ideas for new projects, new products and platform businesses.
- Work with the World Bank to analyze sector and regulatory reforms that are needed to unlock opportunities for private investment.
- Master's degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Finance, Economics, International Relations, Science, Engineering, or other relevant field.
- At least 5-7+ years of relevant experience in project and/or program development, producing feasibility studies, hands-on advisory, principal investment or financing and/or consulting functions in emerging markets.
- Genuine commitment to development and to the World Bank Group and IFC's mission, strategy and values.
- Understanding of IFC’s strategic priorities and changing business model against the backdrop of IFC 3.0.
- Capacity to innovate and challenge the status quo and experience in new idea generation, business development, and creating projects/programs from scratch.
- Understanding of the relevant sector and ability to link policy reforms, advisory interventions, investment, and mobilization to deliver solutions at a country level via the Cascade approach.
- Ability to engage with private sector clients, local and national governments and other stakeholders to encourage pioneering business and market development.
- Experience in project/program management, including executing against implementation plans with defined business development milestones.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on a portfolio of projects/programs/initiatives.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Vietnamese language proficiency is preferred.
How to apply
Interested candidates should review the complete job description and selection criteria and apply on-line at http://www.ifc.org/careers and choose vacancy number Req11718. The closing date is 10th May 2021. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy