Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-12
Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
Position Title: Administrative Assistant (All Interested Applicants)
Open Period: 03/19/2021 - 04/02/2021Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
Series/Grade: LE - 0105 7
Salary: USD $13,827
Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
Promotion Potential: LE-7
Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info:
84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
Hiring Path: Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM - FS is FP-7. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open to: All Interested Applicants
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
Incumbent of this position will provide assistance to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Hanoi office by performing secretarial and administrative support duties, using good working knowledge of the CDC office. The incumbent will ensure that visitors and callers are appropriately referred, provide visitors and staff interpretation from Vietnamese to English and vice versa as requested, translation of documents as needed. Specifically, He/she will provide support to one or more of the sections within the CDC office and will assist the admin/clerical team as needed with conducting general clerical work.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least three years of secretarial and administrative experience is required.
- Mastery of English/Vietnamese grammar, spelling, punctuation, paragraphs and sentence structure (syntax).
- Demonstrated proficiency in typing various correspondence formats (i.e. memoranda, letters, reports, faxes, etc.) as well as standardized documents and forms.
- Thorough knowledge gained from prior work experience in how to provide dependable secretarial/administrative support and assistance to CDC office.
University/college studies is required.
Good Working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in operating word processing software and have good typing skills.
- Procedural administrative training and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of other commonly-used software programs, i.e. spreadsheet and basic data management programs.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- University Degree
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
21/12/2021Save the Children
09/12/2021UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
09/12/2021Save the Children
06/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization
10/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
08/12/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
07/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
13/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization