Terms of Reference – Vaccine Program Manager
Clinton Health Access Initiative, Vietnam
Position: Vaccine Program Manager
Work place: Hanoi
Length of position: One year, extendable based on performance and funding
Start date: April 2020
Reports to: Associate Director, Vaccines and Health Financing
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a trusted advisor to governments worldwide, helping them transform the way they provide health services. Established in Vietnam in 2006, CHAI works with a number of departments in the Ministry of Health to help reach national HIV, TB, hepatitis, malaria, and vaccination targets. CHAI has emphasized a sustainable and integrative approach to health systems strengthening premised on a close partnership with government to build national capacity.
CHAI’s team in Vietnam consists of a dynamic core of 16 staff in addition to staff available at the regional and global levels.
Vietnam is currently in Gavi’s accelerated transition phase and is expected to become fully self-financing by 2020. In the 5-year plan 2016 – 2020 of the National EPI, the Government identified priorities of national resource utilization on adequate vaccine supply and national cold chain system improvement. In this context, CHAI aims to support the Ministry of Health in assessing the feasibility and impact of new vaccines to strengthen introduction decision-making; supporting to improve the system capability to manage cold chain planning and implementation; analyzing costs and fiscal resources available to sustain financing of immunization program; and providing technical support to develop upcoming five-year national and subnational EPI plans, through which key immunization program priorities, targets and resources are identified for the 2021 – 2025 period.
CHAI is seeking a Vaccine Program Manager who is a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding problem-solving, managerial, analytical, and communication skills. The Manager must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence.
Supported by other in-country and global team members, the Vaccines Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Support the development and refinement of the vaccines program’s strategic initiatives, facilitating ongoing alignment with the MOH strategic goals and priorities
- Lead a small team to meet program objectives
- Translate objectives into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to vaccines team on prioritization of initiatives
- Identify solutions for issues and challenges to ensure effective implementation of work plan activities
- Identify strategic areas for expansion and guide proposal development needed for future program development
- Track detailed program budgets and spends to ensure financial management is compliant with donor and CHAI regulations
- Support collaborative relationships with the MOH, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensure communications and activities are aligned with government, donors and partners.
- Collaborate with internal CHAI global and country teams to facilitate access to key information and stakeholders, provide updates, and leverage core competencies of the various CHAI teams
Donor Relationship Management
- Coordinate with donor organizations to provide progress updates, performance metrics, and other reporting requirements
- Manage the vaccines program budget and liaise with appropriate CHAI internal and donor teams to meet all mandated requirements
Perform other duties that may be assigned by country leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Planning and execution of significant projects, including strategy development, budgeting and activities planning and prioritization
- Team management, specifically mentoring and shaping diverse teams
- Thinking strategically, handling ambiguity, and problem solving in a fast-paced, limited-structure and multicultural environment
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships and working with multiple stakeholders
- Exposure to health care and/or health systems strengthening and/or experience working with Government bodies
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills and communication (written and verbal) skills, including the ability to prepare and present compelling presentations and program planning and memo documents
- Fluency in English
- Experience in vaccines and/or health financing
- Experience working in resource-limited settings
- Experience working in management consulting or a similar fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Fluency in Vietnamese language
A one-page cover letter should specify the position sought and highlight why the candidate believes they are the right person for the position. A CV detailing professional experience, relevant qualifications and three reference contacts should be provided. Interested candidates should send materials in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate position sought in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, but must be received by 30 March 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation
03/12/2020World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
24/12/2020The National Institute of Genetics
07/01/2021World Bank Group
02/12/2020Department of Operational Support (DOS)
07/12/2020Office of the United Nations Ombudsman and Mediation Services (UNOMS)
15/12/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
14/12/2020World Bank Group
11/12/2020International Finance Corporation (IFC)