ABOUT USSince 1990, Viet-Nam Assistance for the Handicapped (VNAH), a U.S based not-for- profit organization, has worked with both international and private donors to support Vietnamese with disabilities and other disadvantaged groups to regain mobility and improve their socio-economic status; to build capacity of local service providers; and to assist the Vietnamese government in development and implementation of national policies affecting people with disabilities and civil society. Rehabilitation Services During the past 27 years, VNAH has partnered with the regional orthopedic and rehabilitation centers of Vietnam’s Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs to provide rehabilitation services and prosthetic and orthotic devices to Vietnamese. VNAH has delivered over 128,000 artificial limbs, orthotic devices and wheel chairs to people with disabilities, many of whom are war and landmine victims. VNAH has also provided continuous rehabilitation care and services for thousands of persons with disabilities in Da Nang, Quang Nam, Binh Dinh, Dong Nai, Tay Ninh and Binh Phuoc. Job Creation To expand job opportunities for disabled men and women, VNAH supports vocational skills training, mainstream employment, and capacity building for employment service providers. We helped develop inclusive employment services in ten provinces and introduced the vocational rehabilitation model to Vietnam; and set up a Blue Ribbon Employer’s Council (BREC) of over 250 business members to promote employment for persons with disabilities. Our work has helped create gainful employment for over 6,000 Vietnamese with disabilities across the country. Policy Reform VNAH provided technical assistance and other support to the Vietnamese Government and National Assembly partners for development of disability policies. This support has resulted in:
- Enactment of the country’s first Disability Law.
- Establishment of an inter-agency National Coordinating Council on Disability (NCCD)
- Establishment of a national Vietnam Federation for Disabilities
- Enactment of a series of barrier-free access codes and standards for public construction, transport and Information Communications Technology (ICT).
- Inclusion of disability concerns in the new Vocational Training Law and Labor Code.
- Enactment of long-term action plans on disabilities at national and provincial levels.
- The ratification of the U.N. Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), and the development of the national plan of action for implementation of CRPD
- A National Policy that expanded health insurance coverage for rehabilitation services
- Disability Information System (DIS) which is being used/operational in 17 provinces
- Technical assistance to the Government of Vietnam to implement the CRPD action plan, the Disability Law and disability action plans.
- Curriculum and faculty development and training in occupational therapy.
- Improve capacity for rehabilitation services in Tay Ninh and Binh Phuoc provinces, through training of rehabilitation practitioners and provision of equipment for rehabilitation facilities at all levels in the two provinces.
- Provide continued rehabilitation care and service for 4,000 persons with disabilities in Tay Ninh and Binh Phuoc.
- Build new dormitories and elementary schools for ethnic minority and rural children in the Central and Northern Highlands regions.
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and the Leahy War Victims Fund
- U.S. Department of Labor,
- The U.S State Department (DRL, WRA)
- American Schools and Hospitals Abroad (USAID/ASHA)
- Freeman Foundation
- Ford Foundation
- The Aspen Institute
- The Nippon Foundation (Japan)
- Asian Education Friendship Association (Japan)
- Sasakawa Peace Foundation (Japan)
- Disabled American Veterans
- The American Legion
- U.S. National Council on Disability
- Chino Cienega Foundation
- Grapes for Humanity Global Foundation
- Pragmatics Corp.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
Post date: 07/06/2021Ausvet
Post date: 01/06/2021TRAFFIC
Post date: 25/05/2021
Post date: 23/04/2021Friends for International Tuberculosis Relief (FIT)
Post date: 16/04/2021WildAct
Post date: 02/04/2021Free the Bears
Post date: 26/03/2021
Post date: 19/03/2021
Post date: 09/03/2021Operation Smile
Post date: 09/03/2021The Union
Post date: 05/03/2021Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Post date: 05/03/2021Agrisud
Post date: 11/03/2021The Asia Foundation (TAF)
Post date: 16/01/2021
Post date: 13/01/2021clean
Post date: 30/12/2020Greenpeace
Post date: 25/12/2020The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project (ACLED)
Post date: 18/12/2020Winrock International
Post date: 06/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
Post date: 03/12/2020The Library Project