WHAT IS VBCWE?
The Vietnam Business Coalition for Women's Empowerment (VBCWE) was launched in February 2018 through Investing in Women (IW) program funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), for the purpose of pursuing gender equality in the workplace and women’s economic empowerment in Vietnam. VBCWE is made up of Vietnamese influential businesses that employ a large number of employees. They will take appropriate steps to improve gender equity in their own workplace and fulfill their commitment to inspire and influence other businesses and communities in the country. VBCWE's members must commit themselves to acting towards gender equality goals within their organization:
1. Closing the gender pay gap 2. Progressing women into leadership and management positions 3. Improving female workplace participation 4. Investing in family-friendly working conditions 5. Ensuring that leaders and managers drive gender equality
Become a leading organization in bringing values of equality to businesses in Vietnam in the pursuit of sustainable development. Mission
- To engage leading businesses in Vietnam to commit to workplace gender equality.
- To accompany businesses to create an equal and happy work environment.
- To inspire the business community in Vietnam to support and promote women’s economic empowerment
- Demonstrating changes in the perception of business leaders, thereby addressing the goal of sustainable development based on building a HR policy supporting for the disruption of gender barriers, aiming at increasing productivity, reinforcing corporate culture and strengthening cohesion of employees
- Enhancing the company’s image and products’ value, especially for listed companies, companies with foreign partners, or companies operating in the field of import and export.
- Attracting and retaining talents
- Opportunities to connect and share with like-minded companies in Vietnam and in the region (The Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, Australia)
- Being trained and assessed to get global and regional certifications on workplace gender equality at preferential rate
- Participating in training programs on gender and leadership
- Opportunities to showcase company’s gender equity program through VBCWE’s events and other communications channels
- Assistance to develop impactful programs related to women’s economic empowerment and engagement with established non-profit organisations and social enterprises to boost the impact
- Participating in the workplace gender equality assessment process: understanding the organization's gender equality status then propose the action plans
- Building action plans to improve gender equality at workplace
- Influencing other companies by sharing EDGE certification experiences from your company, helping them to become better employers of women
- Participating in VBCWE’s gender equality events
[A]: 5th floor, No.5-7, Alley 92 Lang Ha, Dong Da, Hanoi, Vietnam
[P]: 0243 2022 678