Animals Asia, an international animal charity, is devoted to ending the barbaric practice of bear bile farming and improving the welfare of animals in Vietnam. We promote compassion and respect for all animals and work to bring about long-term change.
Unique and exciting opportunities for Vietnamese Veterinary Surgeons
We are seeking 2 dynamic, enthusiastic qualified Vietnamese veterinary surgeons to join our bear and vet team. The positions will be based at our Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre (VBRC) in Tam Dao National Park, Vinh Phuc province. The positions are a broad-based one-year internship programme of flexible rotating clinical instruction beyond the professional degree (e.g., DVM) and may be extended for a further 12 months, after successful completion of the first year. The positions are structured to provide international standard practical experience in applying knowledge gained during veterinary college in a supervised environment. The aim of the programme is to prepare veterinarians with the skills and knowledge required to work in a sanctuary similar to VBRC, as Animals Asia works to deliver its mission of ending bear farming in Vietnam and providing sanctuary to rescued bears.
Position: Vietnamese Veterinary Intern
Location: Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre, Tam Dao National Park, Vinh Phuc Province.
Type: Full time five (5) days a week with some weekend work applicable.
Term: One year Internship including initial 2 month probationary period.
Internship Package: $300 USD per month, free on-site accommodation, accident insurance, meal and travel allowance.
Position Description: This position will involve assisting the vet surgeons and the veterinary nurses with all routine duties pertaining to the health of resident bears, as well as cats and dogs in the small animal clinic. Other duties will include record keeping, preparing medications and maintaining excellent standards of hygiene in all clinical areas.
The Vietnamese Veterinary Intern will report to the Senior Veterinary Surgeon but will work closely with the whole team. The intern may be required to travel within Asia and participate in welfare outreach and veterinary training projects, and work with local veterinarians.
- A degree in veterinary science and good understanding of written and oral English is essential. Those that are in their final year of veterinary studies will be considered.
- While the programme is intended for recently graduated candidates, applications from candidates with more experience as a qualified veterinary surgeon will be considered.
- English language is essential. We recommend candidates have an English level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 in speaking and reading
- Excellent clinical and organisational skills, attention to detail, an aptitude for problem-solving medicine and self-directed learning and plenty of initiative and flexibility.
- A good sense of humor, excellent communication skills and the ability to live and work closely with the rest of the team comprising both foreign and local staff.
- Suitable candidates must be able to commit for a minimum of 1 year.
Application: Please forward your cover letter (stating position applied for) and CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Applicants who have not received a reply after six weeks from the date of the advertisement should consider their applications unsuccessful. Only short listed applicants will be interviewed, the interview will be conducted in English. Closing date for application is 9.00am 19th October 2020
Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
For more information on Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre and Animals Asia visit www.animalsasia.org
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
01/11/2020Save Vietnam's Wildlife
Technical assistance to the ministry of labour, invalids, and social affairs for the development of social work as a profession in Viet NamUNICEF
International consultant to assess drivers and constraints for occupational safety and health in the coffee global supply chain in Viet NamILO
International Individual Consultancy for a Comprehensive Study on School Related Factors Impacting Mental Health and Well-being of Adolescent Boys and Girls in Viet NamUNICEF