The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Immigration Enforcement International (formerly RALON)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
Provide administration and financial support to Capacity building projects and Modern Slavery projects.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Returns related Project Support (60%)
- Update regular financial and activity progress reports of projects supporting returns agenda under the supervision of Modern Slavery Co-ordination Officer (MSCO) and Capacity Building Officer (CBO)
- Provide guidance on project management process, forms, available tools and share best practices in support of effective delivery of projects supporting returns agenda to implementers/ beneficiaries
- Provide support to internal and external communication of projects supporting returns agenda by working with stakeholders, Communication Team and individual project implementers
- PRISM: requisitioning, receipting and housekeeping
- Liaise with Manila hub for payment tracing
- Monthly reservation of funds, monthly update budget profile (inputs from implementer needed), chase invoice, check invoice in coordination with implementer, make sure payment is made on time
- Check all financial documents sent by the implementers, inform MSCO and CBO of any issue and support MSCO and CBO in dealing with the problem, including recommending solutions
- Logistical arrangements to support the smooth running of activities for projects support returns agenda, including supporting inward and outward visits and organisation of project-funded events
- Conduct periodically spot-checks and crossed checks for all projects supporting returns; contacting participants, meeting with local authorities, contacting suppliers for quotation, receipts verification, attending project activities etc) every two or three months
Returns operation work (25%)
- Provide support to Return Support Assistant: prepare ETD applications, List C, update ETD’s result, conduct telephone interview
- Prepare and arrange Impavid operation including arrangement of visa for Impavid delegation, preparation of packs for interview, accompany Impavid delegation or provide support to Migration Team member who accompany Impavid delegation
- Provide admin support and leave cover for Return Support Assistant
MDO assistance work (15%)
- Provide MDO Update and forecast of IEI’s budgets
- Logistics and admin support for MDO and section’s visitors; hotel, air tickets, claims, visa, etc.
- Meeting arrangement, including preparing agenda and working documents
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience in using MS Word, Excel
- Experience in managing budgets
- Good time management and event management skills
- Ability of working in a team
- Experience in dealing with Government authority is preferred
- Networking ability
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience of working on development projects
- Experience of implementing logistic arrangement
- Experience of budget management
Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience
21 February 2020
Type of Position
Fixed Term, Full-time, Temporary
Working hours per week
Duration of Post
Type of Post
Number of vacancies
Starting monthly salary (VND)
20 April 2020
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This position being advertised is for a maternity cover of seven (7) months.
The British Embassy is committed to being a learning and development organisation and encourages all staff to pursue continued learning and development in the workplace. We offer a supportive and friendly working environment where staff work to the values of: integrity, honesty, objectivity and impartiality. Everyone is encouraged to take responsibility, be innovative and work together.
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package including salary, leave entitlement, flexible working patterns, medical package for staff and dependants, and opportunities for learning and development.
Employment offers are subject to the successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Hanoi is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
All applications must be received before 23:55 on the day of the deadline indicated above.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible subject to successful security clearance.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi