- Announcement Number: HANOI-2020-04
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Visa Assistant (Temporary positions) - All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 02/03/2020 - 02/17/2020Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 1415 7
- Salary: USD $11,818
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-7 Duty Location(s): 2 in Hanoi, VM Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
- HR Section 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM - FS is FP-7. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C. Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Temporary
- Appointment Type Details: These are temporary positions not to exceed six months. Position #1 is available now. Position #2 is available in May 2020.
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Summary: The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
The incumbents are expected to work late as needed, about once every three months. On rare occasions, they may be called in outside of regular work hours to process visas for urgent travellers. The incumbents may be called upon to provide ACS assistance during emergencies or crisis requiring section-wide involvement.
- Ability to read and follow U.S. immigration laws and visa procedures outlined in 9 Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM) and other English language references.
- Solid understanding of Vietnamese law as it pertains to marriage, personal property, civil rights and immigration, as well as of the national and provincial education systems, in order to be able to evaluate the bona fides of various public documents submitted.
- Standard knowledge of the work procedures and guidelines of the Consular Section and the NIV Unit, as well as the functions and activities of other sections in the Embassy, and how the work of each unit/section relates to other work units/sections.
- College or university studies is required.
- Deal with customers in a professional and courteous manner, and to work under pressure.
- Mathematical and Microsoft Office and IT skills.
- Ability to translate/interpret professionally English to Vietnamese and vice versa, as well as the ability to apply good judgment in evaluating evidence and to apply complex regulations.
- Excellent organizational, management and interpersonal skills.
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
05/05/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
21/05/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
21/05/2021Save the Children
25/04/2021Room to Read
All year roundAVI
12/04/2021LIN CENTER FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT