- Announcement Number: HANOI-2020-04
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Visa Assistant (Temporary positions) – All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 02/03/2020 – 02/17/2020Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE – 1415 7
- Salary: USD $11,818
- Work Schedule: Full-time – Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-7
Duty Location(s): 2 in Hanoi, VM
Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FS is FP-7. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Temporary
- Appointment Type Details: These are temporary positions not to exceed six months. Position #1 is available now. Position #2 is available in May 2020.
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Summary: The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: 25% or less
The incumbents are expected to work late as needed, about once every three months. On rare occasions, they may be called in outside of regular work hours to process visas for urgent travellers. The incumbents may be called upon to provide ACS assistance during emergencies or crisis requiring section-wide involvement.
Incumbents of these positions will be responsible for all functions associated with nonimmigrant visa (NIV) application processing such as intake, data entry, biometric collection, visa printing, document pass-back, and assisting consular officers with interpretation as needed during interviews. The incumbents will screen incoming information from a variety of sources and organize it in accordance with U.S. immigration law and Department of State regulations to ensure that the consular officer can effectively adjudicate NIV applications and that all legal requirements of the application process have been met. The incumbents will process diplomatic and official visas and coordinate post’s visa referral program. In addition, the incumbents will assist with consular outreach activities and handle tasks related to statistical analysis and information technology, including compiling statistics and workload reports, developing and maintaining NIV databases; and maintaining the visa pages on the Embassy’s public website or internal SharePoint site. The incumbent will provide back-up assistance to the Fraud Prevention Units as necessary.
The incumbents will report directly to the Supervisory Consular Assistant and will be reviewed by the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit Chief.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least two years of administrative and customer service experience, or other related work in the consular field, or similar work involving the application of relatively complex regulatory material is required.
- Ability to read and follow U.S. immigration laws and visa procedures outlined in 9 Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM) and other English language references.
- Solid understanding of Vietnamese law as it pertains to marriage, personal property, civil rights and immigration, as well as of the national and provincial education systems, in order to be able to evaluate the bona fides of various public documents submitted.
- Standard knowledge of the work procedures and guidelines of the Consular Section and the NIV Unit, as well as the functions and activities of other sections in the Embassy, and how the work of each unit/section relates to other work units/sections.
- College or university studies is required.
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
(This will be tested.)
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have and/or be able to:
- Deal with customers in a professional and courteous manner, and to work under pressure.
- Mathematical and Microsoft Office and IT skills.
- Ability to translate/interpret professionally English to Vietnamese and vice versa, as well as the ability to apply good judgment in evaluating evidence and to apply complex regulations.
- Excellent organizational, management and interpersonal skills.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name) may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi, Vietnam.
To view a current list of all available vacant positions at the U.S. Embassy the Embassy & Consulate and to apply, please visit our ERA site:
All applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi