Call for Expressions of Interest
#014 - Job Title: The National Consultant to provide technical support to the WHO Country Office in support to the Government of Viet Nam in strengthening maternal and child health services especially at the disadvantaged areas, as well as support for child injury prevention program
The proposed consultancy will work closely with the linked programmes supported by WHO, of the UHC (Universal Health Coverage) and HLE (Healthy Lifestyle and Environment) from 1 April 2021 to 30 September 2021.
Within the UHC programme, WHO is supporting the maternal and child health program, aiming to improve the coverage and quality of health services, with the priority to the disadvantage areas in order to help reduce maternal and child mortalities and close the gap between remote and other areas. The work requires policy and guidelines review, planning, coordination and liaison from the central to the provincial levels, as well as monitoring and supervision at provinces to ensure smooth interventions. Recently, Viet Nam is selected as one of the four countries receiving support from the government of Russian Federation in a 3-year project from 2021 to Reduce Maternal, Newborn and Child mortality.
WHO's programme on HLE supports the government of Viet Nam in preventing non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and injury prevention, which includes policy advocacy, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation. The country office has supported the government in the development of National Action Plan on Child Injury Prevention, including child drowning in the new period 2021-2030. A child drowning project in 12 provinces is being implemented under the technical support from WHO.
The proposed interventions are in line with WHO’s 13th Global Program of Work (GPW 13) and contributing to its triple billion goals
2. Planned timelines (subject to confirmation)
Start date: 01/04/2021 End date: 30/09/2021
3. Work to be performed
Method (s) to carry out the activity
Under the guidance and supervision of the Coordinator, UHC-HLE Team and the WHO Representative, Viet Nam and in close collaboration with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labor Invalid and Social Affair and other partners. the consultant will provide technical assistance in the areas of maternal and child health programme as well as child injury prevention programme as described under outputs. Besides, the consultant will support other duties related to healthy lifestyle and environment, upon agreement with the HLE team at the WHO Representative’s Office for Viet Nam.
- Output 1: Provide technical assistance in maternal and child health program
- Deliverable 1: Data analysis and reporting writing for EENC/KMC monitoring conducted by MCH, EENC excellent centers and WHO, and make recommendations for improvement for the quality of newborn care as well as for reporting system
- Deliverable 2: Technical inputs for planning of Russian project. Technical assistance and monitoring of maternal and child health interventions in provinces.
- Output 2: Provide technical assistance in the development and implementation of evidence-based policies on child injury prevention, with a special focus on child drowning prevention
- Deliverable 3: support for the provincial planning and implementation of the approved National Strategy for child injury prevention and control, including child drowning prevention and road safety
- Deliverable 4: support for coordination and monitoring of drowning prevention interventions in the selected 12 provinces and support for donor reporting
4. Specific requirements
- Essential: University degree in relevant areas including medicine, nursing or public health from a recognized university
- Desirable: Postgraduate degree in relevant areas including public health, health science or related science from a recognized university
- Essential: At least 5 years of working experience in relevant areas including public health, child health, injury, NCD risk factors
- Working experiences in health sector and with international agencies/UN partners is desirable.
- Working experiences in supervision and monitoring public health interventions
- Working experiences in public health policy advocacy is preferable.
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge and experiences in relevant fields such as public health, NCD risk factors, maternal and child health.
- Basic skills in data analysis, planning, monitoring and evaluation of public health interventions and in the development of locally adapted tools and instruments.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to interact with health and other professionals at various levels and to work with government officials and nongovernmental organizations.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and Vietnamese
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Ability to demonstrate gender equality and cultural appropriateness within the office and among partners.
- Producing results
5. Place of assignment
WHO Country Office in Hanoi, Viet Nam
6. Medical clearance
The selected Consultant will be expected to provide a medical certificate of fitness for work.
The Consultant may be expected to undertake travel (mission) as part of this assignment. Any travel will follow the appropriate WHO rules and regulations for travel and be arranged by WHO.
All travel arrangements will be made by WHO – WHO will not be responsible for tickets purchased by the Consultant without the express, prior authorization of WHO. While on mission under the terms of this consultancy, the Consultant will receive subsistence allowance.
Visas requirements: it is the consultant’s responsibility to fulfil visa requirements and ask for visa support letter(s) if needed.
Please take note of the following when submitting application:
- The contractor will be responsible for paying taxes, if any.
Application letters and updated CVs in English should be received on/or before 23 March 2021 and should be addressed to:
Administrative Officer World Health Organization UN Building, 304 Kim Ma Street, Hanoi, Viet Nam
For further information on this Call for Expressions of Interest, please contact: email@example.comCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD