Technical Officer (Injury Prevention and Control, Health Promotion)
Job Posting: May 6, 2021, 8:31:47 AM
Closing Date: May 21, 2021, 4:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Viet Nam-Hanoi
Organization: WP_VNM Viet Nam
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The main objectives of the Healthy Lifestyle and Environment (HLE) team in the WHO Country Office in Viet Nam is to support the relevant government authorities and other partners in Viet Nam by helping to build capacity to address determinants of health, reduce noncommunicable diseases (NCD) risk factors through multisectoral action, and promote healthy settings and health in all policies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the guidance and supervision of the Coordinator, Universal Health Coverage and HLE, and the Head of the WHO Country Office in Viet Nam, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
1. Provide technical assistance to the relevant government authorities and other partners in Viet Nam in designing, implementing and monitoring of activities related to injury prevention, health promotion and related programmes
2. Represent WHO in meetings and other collaborative activities and provide coordination support for partners to ensure effective partners' collaboration;
3. Facilitate adaptation of relevant WHO global and regional technical guidelines and development of new guidelines regarding injury prevention, health promotion and related programmes;
4. Facilitate and support trainings and capacity-building for relevant policy-makers and journalists on relevant topics on policy development and implementation;
5. Facilitate data collection, analysis and dissemination related to injury prevention, health promotion and related programmes; assist with the preparation of terms of reference for operational research and consultations;
6. Provide support in Vietnamese and English translations of relevant meeting documents and/or documents related to injury prevention, health promotion and related programmes; and
7. Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
Essential: University degree in relevant areas from a recognized university including medicine, professions allied to medicine, public health or social science. Desirable: Postgraduate degree in relevant areas from a recognized university including public health or international cooperation.
Essential: At least two years of experience in relevant areas including injury prevention, health promotion and related programmes. Desirable: Experience in working with international organizations.
Broad knowledge in determinants of health, NCD risk factor reduction and Health in All Policies.Skills in planning, training, monitoring and evaluation of interventions and in the development of locally adapted tools and instruments. Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with health and other professionals at various levels and to work with government officials and nongovernmental organizations.Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse cultural and educational backgrounds and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
Teamwork Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences Communication Producing results Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Vietnamese. Desirable:
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 38,633 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank