Call for Expressions of Interest and Proposal
- Job Title: #047
- International consultant to support MOH in development of funding request proposal to the Global Fund for HIV prevention and control period 2024-2026
Viet Nam has received Global Fund (GF) funding for HIV prevention and control since early 2000. Support from GF has great contribution in implementation and achievement of the national strategy on HIV prevention and control. Since 2017, Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GF) has developed new funding model (NFM), with aims of generating bigger impact. This year, several meetings were organized by CCM to discuss the development of FR for 2024-2026. Viet Nam Authority also requested WHO to support for an international consultant to assist VAAC in writing the funding request proposal in addition to technical support from WHO technical staff. The CCM and sub-CCM agreed that HIV proposal will be submitted on 30 May 2023. As previous rounds, WHO team including consultant will support this process by working closely with key departments within VAAC, sub-CCM and GF central project management unit in development of the funding request.
2. Planned timelines (subject to confirmation)
- Start date: 10 November 2022
- End date: 30 July 2023
3. Work to be performed
a) Specific objectives of the consultancy activity
- Proposed consultant will work with WHO Viet Nam Country Office, Viet Nam Authority of HIV/AIDS Control, sub-CCM and CCM to support country dialogue and develop GF FR.
b) Method(s) to carry out the activity
- The consultant will work as a part of WHO HIV team and will be closely supervised by the team. The consultant will also actively work with VAAC, sub-CCM and GF CPMU during development of GF request for funding.
4. Description of the tasks/process involved in carrying out the activity
- Collecting and reviewing key documents and references for preparation of GF FR
- Work closely with VAAC, Global Fund Central Project Management Unit (CPMU) and HIV sub-CCM to understand the requirements of the GF FR.
- Supporting VAAC country dialogue on HIV among the key stakeholders to document discussion points shared in the meeting.
- Draft funding request proposal following GF template
- Compile the inputs from sub-CCM and other stakeholders and revise the FR proposal based on the feedbacks.
- Combine component from VUSTA into the overall FR for HIV project
- Assist VAAC in refining workplans and other key documents for the GF FR submission
- Prepare respond letter to TRP and revise GF FR if needed based on comment from Country team and TRP.
5. Specific requirements
a) Qualifications required:
- University degree on medicine or public health required. Advanced university degree in medicine, public health or relevant areas are desirable.
b) Experience required:
- Having at least 10 years of working experiences in the area of public health
- Having experiences in writing technical documents or funding request proposals in English in the area of public health.
- Experiences working on HIV is desirable
- Having working experiences in Viet Nam is an asset
c) Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrated skills on writing technical documents and/or funding request proposals
- Good knowledge on HIV
- Knowledge of HIV epidemic and response in Viet Nam is desirable
- Capacity to work with various stakeholders and produce results in given timeframe
- Reside in Viet Nam and able to stay in Hanoi when required during the contract period
- Ability to plan and prioritise challenging workloads.
- Good teamwork
d) Language requirements:
- English native speaker or equivalent and expert in writing.
- Speak basic Vietnamese and or understanding Vietnamese would be an asset
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Producing results
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
6. Place of assignment
The consultant can work offline but expected to stay in Hanoi for certain period to participate in intensive discussion with MOH and stakeholders.
7. Medical clearance
The selected Consultant will be expected to provide a medical certificate of fitness for work.
The consultant may travel to Hanoi if reside outside of Hanoi
Please take note of the following when submitting application: The contractor will be responsible for paying taxes, if any.
Those who are interested can submit your most updated CV and application letter indicating post title and vacancy notice # and should be addressed to:
- Administrative Officer
- World Health Organization
- UN Building, 304 Kim Ma Street, Hanoi, Viet Nam
- OR email@example.com
Before/by 7 November 2022
For further information on this TOR, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự