Save the Children is collaborating with the Tien Gian Provincial Traffic Safety (PTSC) to implement the project “Making My Tho city safety for the journey to school – phase II” from December 2020 - March 2022. The project goal is to strengthen education and communications on road safety for primary students and their parents, as well as general road users, in My Tho city – Tien Giang province.
To support awareness raising activities, we are looking for volunteers to design road safety bulletins.
The road safety bulletins will be utilized in education for children and communication activities for raising awareness about road safety for the public, parents, teachers, and students in project locations.
The bulletin will be released monthly as part of informational education materials in parent meetings, routine operation of the police and volunteer community task forces.
Content for the road safety bulletins
Size: one two-paged A4 paper.
- The bulletin will be designed for different topics (with 8 topics):
- Wearing helmet properly
- Speed limit around school zones
- Walking safety
- Crossing the road
- Traffic signs
- Seating safety on the motorcycle
- Bike safety
- Traveling on public transport
- Key references in the bulletins will include:
- Evidence–based/data on road safety from PTSC and Tien Giang police
- Guidance and best practice for audiences especially children
- Safety tips for road users (children, adults, people with disabilities, elderly, pedestrians, motorcyclists, etc.)
- Information about enforcement campaigns at the sub-national and national levels
- Information about media campaigns on road safety at the sub-national, national, and global levels
- Programs and resources to learn and practice road safety
- Information on key legislation, penalties and handle violations
- Safety facts from Vietnam and around the world
- Project contact information
- All vector graphics need to meet the road safety standard
- The drawn line should be sharp, vivid, and colorful
- Contents and photos are suitable for children
- The vector graphics and photos are suitable for each bulletin topic
- All designs must comply with SCI key policies/guidelines and donor requirements
Criteria for volunteer recruitment
- Relevant major and experience in graphic design
- Experience in designing and developing bulletins
- Commitment to be involved throughout the project implementation process
The benefits for volunteers
- Being engaged in sharing ideas and design experience to improve the quality of communication activities of the project
- Being recognized as the designer of the bulletins
- Receive volunteer certification from Save the Children and named in the relevant reports.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using an up-to-date CV as a single document and send your CV through the email address: Vietnam.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Application: 27th July, 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross