AMPERES is a mission-driven enterprise committed to finding integrated solutions for the entrenched sustainability challenges facing Southeast Asia and Australia. We have offices in Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam and Perth, Australia. We value equality and diversity in all of our projects and also within our organisation. We welcome applications from all segments of society.
AMPERES is implementing multiple programs in water resources that cover agricultural water scarcity management, impacts of hydropower development and climate resilient flood management. These programs span the Asia-Pacific region with particular emphasis on the Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS)*.
We are looking for a Vietnamese analyst who will be based at our Ho Chi Minh office and can support our water programs undertaking research and coordinating project activities.
Organisation: AMPERES Vietnam
Program: Greater Mekong Water Program
Title/Role: Water Resources Research Analyst
Reporting to: AMPERES Office Manager
Duty Station: Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
Duration of contract: 12 months, with the option for extension
Conditions of contract: Vietnamese national
The research analyst will be responsible for reviewing, drafting and disseminating multiple research papers on behalf of AMPERES, the main responsibilities include:
Research and analysis
- Design of research programs
- Synthesising literature reviews and background research into concise documents.
- Use of GIS to undertake geospatial analysis.
- Conduct interviews with experts and stakeholders.
- Drafting of technical reports and scientific publications.
- Responding to reviewer comments.
Project delivery and coordination
- Coordinate inputs and workplans for multi-disciplinary teams
- Support project manager in monitoring project implementation and reporting to AMPERES Executive and clients.
- Assist in the organisation of meetings, workshops and conferences.
Communications and stakeholder engagement
- Assist in the development of presentations and communications materials that convert research findings into targeted stakeholder messages
- Drafting or press releases and newspaper articles publicising the findings of our water program.
- An enthusiastic water resources professional who has a science, engineering or economics degree in a field related to water resources management (Bachelor or higher).
- An inquisitive problem-solver ethically committed to sustainability
- An interest to communicate scientific analysis to non-specialist audiences and influence public debate around water issues.
- A proven track record in academic research.
- Very strong qualitative and analytic skills; keen attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Strong writing ability, and report writing skills in both English and Vietnamese.
- Minimum 2 years in professional work experience or an advanced degree (MSc/PhD).
- Some experience working on water issues in the river basins of GMS.
- Basic familiarity with GIS software and data management.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, juggling multiple competing tasks and prioritizing demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work professionally with researchers, as well as government stakeholders.
- Team player and capacity for flexibility as tasks and priorities shift.
- Ability to self-start and troubleshoot; demonstrated ability to excel in a multicultural environment.
- Approaches work with a professional, positive and constructive attitude, even when under pressure and willing to use logic to challenge prevailing attitudes.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
- Vietnamese citizen living in Ho Chi Minh City or willing to move there.
- Experience publishing scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience in statistical analysis and programming (e.g. R).
- Advanced degree (MSc/PhD) in a field related to water resources management.
How to apply
Eligible candidates should submit:
- cover letter, outlining why you are interested in the position, what are the main skills you bring to AMPERES and highlighting work you have done that meets the requirements;
- CV, and;
- example piece of writing (paper, report or similar) where you the lead author or made a significant contribution (please identify the specificcontribution you made in your cover letter).
All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th October 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We are a mission-driven enterprise committed to finding integrated solutions for the entrenched sustainability challenges facing Southeast Asia and Australia.
We use evidence-bases, deliberative processes and innovative technology to improve how communities interact with the environment.
We support governments to improve the sustainability of policy and planning processes through implementation of climate risk & adaptation
assessments, Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEAs), integrated environmental assessments, river basin plans, water, energy and economic modelling and techno-economic studies.
We empower communities to improve livelihoods through affordable and reliable access to distributed energy & water resources using business models that are viable and centre benefits at the community level.
We work with companies & industry to decarbonise their business, promote energy independence and reduce operating costs through energy efficiency planning and the development of distributed renewable energy systems.
We collaborate with researchers & universities to prototype, test & scale innovative technology towards successful commercialisation.
* The Greater Mekong Subregion includes Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam and Yunnan Province (PRC).
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year round