- Announcement Number: HANOI-2023-55
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Work Control Clerk (FAC) - Employees of Mission - All, and/or USEFMs/EFMs/MOHs
- Open Period: 09/13/2023 - 09/20/2023
- Salary: USD $12,160 /Per Year
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period. 40 hours per week.
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
- HR Section
84-24-38505000 Ext: 5127HanoiHR@state.gov
- HR Section
The incumbent will report to the Facility Administrative Supervisor and work under their direction to determine work priorities. The incumbent will be a primary point of contact for all routine, emergency and preventive maintenance work orders and request for services and assure distribution to the appropriate shop for action. The incumbent will be the customer service representative for the Facility Management section and communicate with personnel from all levels within the Embassy. The incumbent will provide supervision of the Janitorial Team Leader.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three (3) years of office administrative/ clerical experience in a customer-service office is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must/must have:
- Good working knowledge of an active office environment
- Be thoroughly familiar with reporting structures and the standard office hierarchy;
- Know how to support multiple persons simultaneously including maintaining an adequate stock of office supplies; must know basic math, capable of handling currency and working a balance sheet;
- Know how to set up and maintain a filing system.
- Be customer service oriented, able to handle difficult customers with tact.
Completion of secondary school (grade 12) is required.
- Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be a visionary, forward thinker, and quick understudy with an aptitude to learn so he/she can anticipate the needs of the office and those individuals he/she supports.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to handle a large workload and multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be organized, methodical, decisive, and have professional telephone skills.
- Must have strong computer skills, able to use the Microsoft Office Software Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Must have good typing skills to write memos, populate spread sheets, and perform data entry.
- Ability to translate documents from host country language into English or English to host country language.
- Must have excellent filing skills to keep track of current and historical information, including documents that must be kept in the maintenance library.
- Must have a keen aptitude to work independently, have impeccable integrity, strong initiative, good judgment and must maintain confidentiality.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam will receive the following allowances and benefits in addition to the annual basic salary listed above.
- 1. Allowances:
- Unique Conditions of Work Allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (subject to review every two years).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below, and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
- Tet Bonus - one-month basic salary
- Merit Based Compensation - annual salary increase based on performance
- Annual leave - 120 hours per year and the annual leave hours will increase every five years of creditable service according to local labor law
- Sick leave according to local labor law
- Family leave - up to 5 days and other special leave as stipulated in the local labor law
- Invest in yourself - 1 day
- American and Vietnamese holidays up to 21 days per year
- Contribution to mandatory insurances according to Vietnam's Government law and regulation including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance.
- Supplemental Health Insurance that the U.S. Mission covers 90% of the premium for employees and each EFM.
- Mission cash award for outstanding performance.
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources for professional career development.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources (HR) Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a public trust security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Apply to this vacancy” button at the header of this page. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Proof of Citizenship
- Degree not transcript
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor's Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Passport copy
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email or cellphone.Complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. is posted along with the vacancy announcement on the Embassy's website: https://vn.usembassy.gov/
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam.
Click HERE for detailed vacancy announcement
US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children
15/10/2023US Embassy Hanoi