Writer, Donor Communications & Marketing
About Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS): WCS stands for wildlife and wild places. As the world’s premier wildlife conservation organization, WCS has a long track record of achieving innovative, impactful results at scale. We run programs spanning the entire ocean and more than 3 million biologically critical square miles in nearly 60 countries. We build on a unique foundation: Our reach is global; we discover through best-in-class science; we protect through work on the ground with local and indigenous people; we inspire through our world-class zoos, aquarium, and education programs; and we leverage our resources through partnerships and powerful policy influence. Our 4,000 diverse, passionately committed team members in New York City and around the world work collectively to achieve our conservation mission.
The Opportunity: You will play a pivotal role in inspiring donors and prospects to support WCS’s critical mission of saving wildlife and wild places. Your key responsibilities will be writing, editing, and managing fundraising communications—including but not limited to, donor emails, proposals, reports, decks, talking points, pitch documents, and cultivation event materials—in support of Global Resources’ fundraising targets and the organizational strategic plan. You will also collaborate closely with our frontline fundraisers and program experts at our NYC headquarters and around the world; liaise with vendors; and partner with other fundraising, marketing, public relations, and design staff on a broad range of projects.
Responsibilities: Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support the Donor Communications and Marketing team in drafting, editing, and producing major donor proposals, fundraising appeals, WCS’s Annual Report and other impact reports, fact sheets, donor teleconference scripts, corporate and foundation funder pitch decks, donor news alerts, other donor updates, fundraising event invitations and other materials, giving opportunity brochures, and other print/digital communications to advance the division’s growth strategy.
- Manage a portfolio of writing projects and coordinate the communications calendar across the division.
- Prepare and deploy email invitations, donor news alerts, digital appeals, and other digital fundraising outreach using Salesforce Marketing Cloud, in close collaboration with our graphic designer and Operations team.
- Write descriptions for naming opportunities, especially for capital and special campaigns. Understand, track, and report on communications and WCS earned media acknowledgements.
- Help maintain consistency in writing style across Global Resources, adhering to and promoting the division’s writing style guidelines.
- All other duties as requested.
Minimum Qualifications: BA/BS/BBA in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field, and 3-5 years of experience in a development, communications, or marketing role. Portfolio of writing samples.
- Skilled writer and verbal communicator capable of distilling scientific and conservation concepts into compelling, high-level messaging that conveys clear impact to individual supporters and general audiences
- Strong project manager and listener who is willing to creatively solve problems to meet deadlines; persistence and follow-through to project completion
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strategic, resourceful editor who is adept at tailoring content and style to varied audiences and across formats; detail-oriented and adheres to a high standard of quality
- Open and capable of receiving constructive feedback on his/her writing and incorporating revisions
- Excels in collaborative team and cross-functional setting to achieve a collective goal
- Strong work ethic, professional and positive attitude, and respect for colleagues
- Fluency in fundraising and communication principles
- Development writing experience
- Digital savvy; understanding of and commitment to issues on sustainability and the environment a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Powerpoint and familiarity with Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
WCS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value. EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Link job: HERE Location: Bronx Zoo (position will be fully remote on a temporary basis due to Covid-19) Job Type: Part-Time – Schedule flexible – 20 hours weekly Department: Global Resources
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD