WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 19,000,000 (FY20) with funding from 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
In 2020, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hung Yen, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s AP usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To serve as a catalyst, partnership broker, and builder of the capacity of local partners, facilitating the development process toward the improved and sustained well-being of children within their families and community, especially the most vulnerable children.
To manage the technical projects in assigned communes
1.Community Engagement and Sponsorship: (Time spent: 50%)
Facilitate partnering/ networking with and connections among different local stakeholders (formal and informal community groups, businesses, NGOs and local government agencies, etc.) to mobilize resources for the well-being of children
Raise awareness of local partners and community in assigned commune on WV’s Christian identity and values, child focused and community based development approach
Facilitate capacity building for communities and local partners in AP planning and annual community review and planning
Facilitate AP planning activities at the assigned communes
Facilitate annual community review and planning at the assigned communes
Support communities and partners to develop and implement the community-based disaster preparedness plans
Facilitate capacity building for communities and local partners in the assigned communes in shared monitoring
Facilitate shared monitoring activities and reports
Facilitate refection meetings with participation of communities
Facilitate annual program effectiveness/ PAF self-review and community based groups self-review
Child participation and protection:
Strengthen child clubs and children led community initiatives
Promote the use of child friendly tools such as photo voice, body map, river of life to increase child participation and voice in the
Strengthen child protection committees in the assigned communes
Facilitate capacity building for communities and local partners in MVC mapping
Facilitate the process of MVC mapping and updates
Utilize MVC mapping results for program planning and support – to make sure MVC are included and best benefiting from technical project interventions/ models
Document best practices, lesion learnt and MSC (Most Significant Change) stories of MVC and their families
Strengthen community based groups the assigned communes and build capacity for them in micro projects planning
Identify and engage communities and partners in micro projects
Facilitate the community based groups in development and implementation of micro projects
Facilitate community based groups in monitoring and reporting of micro projects.
Include RC in project activities and monitor participation and benefits of RC and their families
Coordinate the child registration and well-being monitoring of children, including RC in assigned communes as per sponsorship standards through the SR volunteer network
2. Program Management in assigned communes: (Time spent: 50%)
Implementation of Technical Models
- Work closely with TPOs to introduce and build capacity for local partners on technical project models, guidelines, tools
- Facilitate the implementation of technical models in alignment with the standard guidelines (cost norms..) and tools
- Work closely with TPO and technical local partners to facilitate the supportive supervision process in assigned communes to ensure technical quality of the project models
- Mainstream CCT (CPPa, gender, environment, disability) in all project activities whenever appropriate
- Document best practices and advocate for the replication of technical project models to larger scale
- Monitor and report (ITT and narrative) on the progress of Technical Projects (monthly, semi-annually, annually)
- Facilitate communities and partners to participate in the baseline survey and evaluation in assigned communes
- Manage resources with integrity and stewardship, in compliance with WVV’s financial policies and procedures.
- Coordinate procurement and strategic sourcing in assigned commune
KNOWLEDGE – SKILL – ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree, preferably in education, public health, community development, social work.
- Skills in facilitation of development processes, including organisation, mobilisation and influence of partners (especially at commune level) and partnering among different development partners.
- Demonstrated capacity in project management, with conceptual understanding and required competency in DME functions (e.g. Facilitate monitoring processes with partners and community, analyze and interpret monitoring data).
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and oral communications skills in Vietnamese & English
- Solid computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- Ability to think critically and reflect.
- Ability to lead own learning and development
- At least 2 years work experience in community development.
- Experience in program implementation, community mobilization and participatory approach would be an advantage.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
- Experience of working with children and ethnic minorities
Our contact details are:
People and Culture Department – Ms. Nguyen Thi Minh Phuong
World Vision International – Vietnam
Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Ha Noi
Tel: 024.39439920 (ext.123)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020Aide Et Action International (AEAI)