Location: [Asia & Pacific] [Vietnam]
Category: Humanitarian & Emergency Affairs
Job Type: Fixed term, Full-time
WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 18,000,000 (FY17) with funding from 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 440 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 39 Area Development Programmes (ADPs) which operate in 5 zones: North (Hung Yen, Hoa Binh, Hai Phong and Dien Bien), Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang, Thanh Hoa, Central & Highlands (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang, DakNong) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh). From FY18, WVV adopts and implements the new operating model, therefore, the name of ADP has been changed to AP (Area Programme). WVV’s APs usually focus within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
In alignment with the three ministry strategic objectives, World Vision Vietnam implements three Technical Programs (TPs): Child Protection, Nutrition and Livelihoods. Technical Programmes are national or sub-regional level programmes implemented by World Vision in multiple geographic locations within a country. They employ evidence-based practices and models previously identified, defined and prioritised through a strategic process and documented in a Technical Approach (TA). TPs are designed to ensure National Offices (NOs) achieve World Vision’s mission, which includes the highest impact for the well-being of children, in accordance with relevant TA and NO strategic objectives.
The HEA and DRR Specialistdirectly reports to HEA and DRR Manager within the Programme Quality and Resource Development Department (PQRD). The PQRD department consists of a Program Effectiveness Unit, Grant Acquisition and Management (GAM) Unit, A Technical Services Unit (in lie with the three Ministry Strategic Objectives) and HEA/DRR Unit.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To support WV Vietnam in preparing for and responding to natural disasters, and to all complex humanitarian emergencies in Vietnam and networking with other organizations involved in DRR and emergencies.
To assist HEA and DRR Manager in providing immediate relief and support to communities throughout Vietnam in response to both natural and man-made disasters, and assisting communities to mitigate against such disasters.
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION
Emergency Responses(When emergency response is required)
- Monitor the potential disaster situations through regular communication with the Government and Local Counterparts;
- Conduct Relief/Joint Assessments following disaster situations, and report the findings in a timely manner;
- Determine an appropriate response to a disaster by working with WVV management
Technical Guidance( Time spent: 30%)
- Provide technical guidance on annual planning so that DRR “best practices, lessons learned etc.” is integrated into technically sound business plans and services are coordinated.
- Standardize Technical Guidelines/Training Materials for the implementation of the DRR Project models.
- Standardize DME tools for baseline, monitoring and evaluation of DRR activities in working with Program Effectiveness team.
- Promote and support the integration of CBDRR in all ADPs/APs
- Support building capacity embedded to other related departments/units/staff under the light of WVI’s DM Standards, Emergency Management System (EMS) and other related humanitarian standards
Technical Quality Assurance( Time spent: 50%)
- Participate in annual M&E activities as scheduled by PEU.
- Conduct monitoring support visits to APs implementing DRR projects/activities and provide in the field technical consultation as requested, to ensure quality of activities implemented.
- Promote action learning across World Vision Vietnam through regular meetings and training of others to take leadership of structured reflection in the zones, ADPs and grant funded projects
- Identify and document best practices and good DRR models for purpose of advocacy and replication
Cross Cutting Themes( Time spent: 10%)
- Standardize Gender/Disability/Faith and Development mainstreaming framework/tools/methods/training materials which align with partnership imperatives, best practice approaches, and NO strategic priorities.
- Conduct technical capacity building activities for AP staff, including indoor training, on the job training, coaching and ongoing technical support to ensure that guidelines/tools on Disability/Gender/Faith and Developmentmainstreaming are clearly understood, followed and best practices are replicated by AP staff.
- Develop tools/mechanism to ensure that standard indicators (goal, outcomes, and outputs) are disaggregated by Gender and Disability/Faith and Development.
- Resource Acquisition( Time spent: 10%)
- Support HEA and DRR Manager in developing Grant/PNS Concept Notes and Proposals for HEA/DRR.
- Provide technical support for design, implementation and evaluation of DRR Grant or PNS projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Bachelor degree in the relevant field
- Relevant Master degree is an advance
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong relevant technical expertise
- Good knowledge of Humanitarian Industry (Principles, Standards [International Humanitarian Law, Sphere, Core Humanitarian Standard…], Architecture…)
- High level of diplomacy, communication, negotiation and persuasion and advocacy skills.
- Proven ability to provide coaching and deliver other capacity building activities.
- Ability to provide supportive supervision to assure the interventions’ quality.
- Ability to document and share best practice for replication.
- Good data analysis and reporting skills.
- Good proposal writing skills.
- Strong ability to speak, write and read in both English and Vietnamese.
- Reasonable understanding about GoV’s DRM systems is an additional asset
- Three years’ relevant experience in DRR technical area. Experience in programme quality support and staff training/coaching is preferred.
- Experience in working with INGOs
- Experience in advocacy.
- Experience in Resource acquisition
- Minimum supervision;
- Relate with people across a wide social range (i.e. project participants, Government partners and WV staff).
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year round