WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 18,500,000 (FY19) with funding from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
The strategic focuses of WVV include: children protection from all forms of abuse, exploitation violence and injury; reduction of malnutrition rate of children under 5 through integrated approach; ; sustainable livelihood for poor households to support sustainable well-being of children.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North1 (Hoa Binh - Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa - Hung Yen - Hai Phong), Central: (Quang Tri - Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai - Binh Thuan – DakNong - Ho Chi Minh). WVV’s APs work with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
The project “Human Trafficking Prevention for Women and Girls in Dien Bien Province” (HTPWG project) is to empower local women and children, especially girls with capacity to protect themselves and their peers from all forms of violence and trafficking in persons in 2 APs of Muong Cha and Tuan Giao in Dien Bien province.
From March 2020 to February 2023 (3 years), the project plans to achieve 4 main outcomes:
(1) Women (19-30 years old) are empowered to protect themselves and peers from the risks of Violence against women and children/ human trafficking (VAWC/human trafficking) through participating activities and mingling with peers at Community Centre;
(2) Girls are empowered to protect themselves and peers from the risks of VAWC/human trafficking through participating activities;
(3) Women/girls are empowered through strengthening their economic status;
(4) Communities are empowered to provide safe environment for women and girls from VAWC/human trafficking.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position will be responsible for connecting between Project Supervisor and the rest of the team, key partners at district and provincial level to achieve all project outcomes, and outputs as specified in the approved project proposal and logical framework within the planned budgets.
This position will assist the Project Supervisor in maintaining an effective DME system; as well as in building capacity for project staff and local partners on DME.
1. DESIGN, COORDINATING PROJECT PLANNING, IMPLEMENTATION, MONITORING, EVALUATION
2. RELATIONSHIP BUILDING AND NETWORKING
- Coordinate and support for the field Project Officers to implement all approved project activities under outcomes 1,2,3,4 according to the timeline and coordination in light of the WVV Technical Approach and Technical Programme for Child protection and Livelihood.
- Provide assistance to the Project Supervisor in facilitating all related project activities at provincial level; such as working with DOLISA , Department of Foreign Affair, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Department of Social Vices Prevention, …
- Plans of action, budgeting and monitoring system is developed. Ensure qualified evidence for outputs and achievements.
- Ensure the evaluation of the outcomes 1,2,3,4 is coordinated in line with WV’s Learning through Evaluation with Accountability and Planning (LEAP) Framework.
- Ensure the project meet World Vision International and donor accountability standards through continuous monitoring of the project implementation and field staff performance.
- Provide high quality, accurate, and timely reports including narrative progressive reports and financial reports according to Grant donor requirements and WV’s LEAP framework are prepared.
- Implement other tasks as assigned by Project Supervisor and/or Operation Director in order to effectively implement the Project.
3. BUILDING CAPACITY FOR PROVINCE AND DISTRICT PARTNERS, AND 4 PROJECT OFFICERS AT TUAN GIAO, MUONG CHA APS ON DME
- Develop relationship with the relevant zonal manager, Technical Program Managers and Program Effectiveness Unit manager for obtaining technical advices.
- Support the Project Supervisor in building relationships, documentation of lessons learned, dialogue and learning of approaches to anti-trafficking.
- Establish effective partnerships with selected government ministries, UN agencies, NGOs and target communities involved in the repatriation and reintegration process.
- Facilitate the network strengthening for strong collaboration and coordination for quality service provision to at risk and victims of VAWC and human trafficking.
4. DOCUMENT, FILE AND SHARE
- Under the technical support of Program Effectiveness Unit to provide necessary orientations & trainings on DME which specified in the Plan of Action, such as baseline survey, indicator monitoring and tracking, annual review and planning for project partners at district and commune levels so that they can plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the project effectively.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Support the project officers, key local partners to ensure records of key interventions and their results are well documented for reporting, auditing and advocacy purposes.
- Best practices under outcomes of 1, 2, 3, 4 are documented and shared to other stakeholders in Vietnam.
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science or related fields.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated skill in project management, with required competency in Design - Monitoring - Evaluation functions.
- Well-developed representation and negotiation skills.
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of supervision, exercise judgment, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Well-developed writing and oral communications skills in both English and Vietnamese.
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Prior experience in anti-human trafficking
- Prior experience working in similar geographical locations
- Experience working in INGO environment.
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are: People and Culture Department -World Vision International – Vietnam Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi, Tel: 024. 39439920 (ext.114)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
More Information and Application Details
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất