WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 18,500,000 (FY19) with funding from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
The strategic focuses of WVV include: reduction of malnutrition rate of children under 5 through integrated approach; children protection from all forms of abuse, exploitation, violence and injury; sustainable livelihood for poor households to support sustainable well-being of children
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh – Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa – Hung Yen – Hai Phong), Central: Quang Tri – Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai – Binh Thuan – DakNong – Ho Chi Minh). WVV’s APs work with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
The project “Human Trafficking Prevention for Women and Girls in Dien Bien Province” (HTPWG project) is to empower local women and children, especially girls with capacity to protect themselves and their peers from all forms of violence and trafficking in persons in 2 APs of Muong Cha and Tuan Giao in Dien Bien province.
From March 2020 to February 2023 (3 years), the project plans to achieve 4 main outcomes:
(1) Women (19-30 years old) are empowered to protect themselves and peers from the risks of Violence against women and children/ human trafficking (VAWC/human trafficking) through participating activities and mingling with peers at Community Centre;
(2) Girls are empowered to protect themselves and peers from the risks of VAWC/human trafficking through participating activities;
(3) Women/girls are empowered through strengthening their economic status;
(4) Communities are empowered to provide safe environment for women and girls from VAWC/human trafficking.
WORKING LOCATION: HANOI
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position supports WV Vietnam to maintain high standards of financial stewardship and assist the Project Coordinator & Project Supervisor in maintaining the books of accounts and other financial records of the Project & adhering to the financial standards of World Vision financial system and Grant donor’s requirements to ensure the project accountability.
I. FINANCIAL POLICY COMPLIANCE
- Project cost norm is prepared to ensure meeting WVV financial policy and Grant requirements.
- Assistance is provided to the Project Manager in developing regulation of Project financial management.
- Relevant expenses of Project budget is kept track including the expenses at NO.
- Administrative financial services are provided to the project to ensure high level of compliance, quality, accuracy and consistency of work in project implementation.
- Consistent service delivery is ensured by collaborating and working closely with all of the team members of the Project.
- All the day to day operational procedures in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, closure, audit, etc. are conducted in timely manner and in line with WV Policy and Procedure as well as Field Financial Manual (FFM) and Grant requirements.
- The Project staff is provided the necessary account analysis codes and assistance to correctly filled in and prepare cash advance, EER, payment request.
- Adequacy and correctness of the supporting documents ensured for payments and/or voucher preparation (using Voucher Interface) to ensure consistency with WV’s Policy and donor requirements.
- The financial transactions are monitored regularly to maintain project financial account in place and in order.
- The quality of the goods and services delivered to the beneficiaries is verified by conducting random visit to the project sites. Orient and on-going train project staffs and partner on relevant WV accounting policies and procedures as well as donor requirements.
- Assisting in internal and external audits.
II. BUDGET MANAGEMENT & FINANCIAL REPORTS
- The Project supervisor is assisted in planning and developing project budget in line with the approved project design and its log frame.
- The financial reports cover memo are timely prepared with variance explanations (quarterly), Advances & Payables Aging Analysis, the asset register is updated, the bank reconciliation performed monthly. All these reports are posted onto FFR Database on a quarterly basis.
- The SunSystem generated financial reports are checked and verified for any non-project related expenses, discrepancies and irregularities from the Program finance manual.
- The Supervisoris updated on the project spending status and pattern to avoid risks of ineffectiveness and material overspending or under-spending of the Project budget.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports/ cash-flow in consultation with financial department
- Work with financial department and project manager to address all financial questions raised by the donor.
- A systematic filing system of key documents is established and maintained (in hard copy and soft copy) and in line with audit requirements.
- All financial and other records required for audit purposes are maintained, and assistance provided in regular auditing of the Project.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
Knowledge & Skills
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
- Coordination skills, including organisation and mobilisation of communities and networking/coordination among different local partners;
- Demonstrated training and facilitation skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Fair English, especially report writing skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email;
- 25% field visits are expected
- Experience in community development or with NGO.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
- Experience in accounting and finance.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
09/02/2021USAID LinkSME Project
03/02/2021Center for Rural Economy Development