WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 18,500,000 (FY19) with funding from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
The strategic focuses of WVV include: children protection from all forms of abuse, exploitation violence and injury; reduction of malnutrition rate of children under 5 through integrated approach; ; sustainable livelihood for poor households to support sustainable well-being of children.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North1 (Hoa Binh – Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa – Hung Yen – Hai Phong), Central: (Quang Tri – Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai – Binh Thuan – DakNong – Ho Chi Minh). WVV’s APs work with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
The project “Human Trafficking Prevention for Women and Girls in Dien Bien Province” (HTPWG project) is to empower local women and children, especially girls with capacity to protect themselves and their peers from all forms of violence and trafficking in persons in 2 APs of Muong Cha and Tuan Giao in Dien Bien province.
From March 2020 to February 2023 (3 years), the project plans to achieve 4 main outcomes:
(1) Women (19-30 years old) are empowered to protect themselves and peers from the risks of Violence against women and children/ human trafficking (VAWC/human trafficking) through participating activities and mingling with peers at Community Centre;
(2) Girls are empowered to protect themselves and peers from the risks of VAWC/human trafficking through participating activities;
(3) Women/girls are empowered through strengthening their economic status;
(4) Communities are empowered to provide safe environment for women and girls from VAWC/human trafficking.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Mobilize resources, and help local partners strengthen their capacity in planning, implementing, and monitoring project activities to achieve project annual outcome/outputs in integration with Child protection project of the APs and district/commune social economic development plans.
- RELATIONSHIP AND NETWORKING
- Effectively establish work relations with partners including District and Commune Program Management Boards (D/CPMBs), Child Protection Committee, Department of Labour Invalid and Social Affairs (DoLISA), Women Union, Youth Union, Village Development Boards in the project area.
- Discuss with the above partners at district and commune level to build plans for cooperation and implement approved project activities effectively. Ensure good integration of anti-trafficking interventions with Child Protection interventions of the APs to successfully achieve the project outcomes as specified in the approved proposal.
- Support Project supervisor to build cooperative relation and maintain effective network with relevant development partners, especially at district level in order to strengthen community based child protection committees and ensure they are functional.
- Well cooperate with zonal technical staffs, district and commune’s officials of DoLISA to ensure technical support for project implementation.
- PROJECT ACTIVITIES IMPLEMENTATION
- All project activities will be implemented effectively according to the approved proposal/Log frame, which are relevant and in alignment with WVV’s Child Protection Technical Approach.
- Cooperate and coordinate with AP staffs, project partners and consultants todevelop plan of action and prepare budget, ensure the quality implementation of the project following Learning through Evaluation with Accountability and Planning frame work (LEAP3).
- Community ownership is enhanced by implementing activities with community engagement to ensure project sustainability.
- Ensure poor households, households with headed women and vulnerable children are prioritized targets of the project.
- Negotiate and implement procedure of purchasing on Child protection support, arrange handover timely and to the right beneficiaries.
- Facilitate or implement other tasks relating to project implementation as assigned by Project Supervisor.
- PROJECT DESIGN, MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- Facilitate regular reflection meetings (at least once a month) with partners and community and take timely corrective actions to address the gap of project implementation. The outcomes of reflection reports are submitted to Project Supervisor.
- Assist project coordinator and local partners to collect and analyze monitoring data using the log frame and WVV’s standardized monitoring tools.
- Support Project supervisor to prepare project reports including monthly, quarterly, semi-annual report and annual report according to the Grant donor’s and WV’s requirements.
- CAPACITY BUILDING:
- Facilitate or implement capacity building on project implementation activities of human trafficking prevention for Women and Girls at the district and commune level with support of Project Coordinator and the provincial DoLISA.
- Organize technical trainings according to project design.
- Documentation of good practices, lesson learnt and Transformational stories and other documentations upon request
- Implement other admin tasks as being assigned by Project Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
– Bachelor degree in social science or related fields.
Knowledge & Skills
– Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
– Community mobilisation skills, including networking/coordination among different local partners;
– Demonstrated training and group facilitation skills;
– Case management skills;
– Good time management and organizational skills;
– Good interpersonal and communications skills;
– Fair English, especially report writing and reading skills;
– Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Power point and email;
– At least 3 years work experience in community development.
– Experience in program implementation, community mobilization and participatory approach would be an advantage.
– Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
– Experience in grant project management.
– Experience of working with ethnic minorities.
– Experience in INGO-funded project planning and implementation.
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are: People and Culture Department -World Vision International – Vietnam Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi, Tel: 024. 39439920 (ext.114), email@example.com
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International