WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 18,000,000 (FY18) with funding from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 420 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North: Hoa Binh - Dien Bien, Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang, Thanh Hoa - Hung Yen - Hai Phong, Central: Quang Tri - Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai - Binh Thuan – DakNong - Ho Chi Minh). WVV’s APs work with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
TMSV’s Project Goal: This project will tackle Modern Slavery from Vietnam through harnessing the capacities of IOM, World Vision and British Council to implement a coordinated series of interventions that specifically align with existing work in Vietnam, and United Kingdom Official Development Assistance requirements in five target provinces: NghệAn (Yên Thành; Diễn Châu); Hải Phòng (Hải Phòng city; Thủy Nguyên); Quảng Bình: (Đồng Hới, BốTrạch); Hà Tĩnh (Can Lộc; Nghi Xuân); and Quảng Ninh (HạLong city). This will be achieved by seeking change on the following impacts:
Project Duration: Ocober 2018- April 2021
Impact area 1: will be achieved through first establishing the key factors that contribute to vulnerability before engaging the necessary government and non-government actors to raise awareness and change behaviour, including by promoting meaningful livelihood alternatives.
Impact area 2: vulnerable populations will be empowered through improved coordination, delivery and understanding of justice and social support services. Strategies for prosecution and sentencing will also be developed, whilst effective coordination among justice sector institutions will be achieved through promoting provincial level coordination mechanisms, including increased functionality of the national trafficking database.
Impact area 3: addresses this by building the capacity of key stakeholders involved in victim identification in Vietnam and the UK ensuring at-risk individuals are identified early and correctly, and victims are supported adequately, and with dignity. Rehabilitation and reintegration assistance therefore, will contribute significantly to reducing vulnerability to human trafficking, modern slavery and poverty.
WVV will be responsible to implement the activities related to the impact area 3. WVV will recruit one project manager, two Project officers and one Bookkeeper to implement the designated project component.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist the Project manager in achieving the goal, outcomes, and outputs of TMSV project design document and its logical framework for IMPACT AREA 3: Supporting the rehabilitation and reintegration of victims of trafficking through the identification, protection, support and successful reintegration of VoTs (Victims of Trafficking) / PVoTs (Potential Victims of Trafficking) within the target states.
Specifically, work with relevant stakeholders to ensure that:
- Improved identification of PVoT cases including by liaising with authorities abroad, particularly from the UK, to meet and support returning victims and supporting victims to apply for recognition of victim status from the Vietnamese Government.
- PVoTs and VoTs, including girls, boys, women and men, supported with a long-term tailored comprehensive package.
- Identify areas of learning and continuously improve ways to safeguard vulnerable children and adults, including by ensuring VoTs / PVoTs are not re-victimised through processes or services delivered.
- Assistance is provided to the Project Manager with technical support from TP child protection Manager to develop Plan of Action at grassroots levels, ensuring the integration between anti-trafficking and other projects.
- Problems and alternative solutions as well as opportunities for partnership are identified by participating in community needs assessments including stakeholder analysis and situation analysis in collaboration with other AP team members.
- Potential stakeholders and resources are identified for partnerships/ project implementation in the target locations.
- Project Activities Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting
- Assistance is provided to partners in providing rehabilitation and reintegration of victims of trafficking through the identification, protection, support and successful reintegration.
- Support is provided to each client and the progress of his/her reintegration is tracked in cooperation with government counterparts.
- Meetings with volunteers, case workers and Project Management Boards (PMB) for reflection and case management review are organized monthly or when needed.
- Appropriate expenditures/utilization of funds are ensured.
- Partnership with appropriate stakeholders is established.
- Project activities at the field level are monitored to ensure the project goal and outcomes are achieved.
- Information about project activities is gathered and documented regularly.
- Act as a contact person of the AP for routine issues concerning anti-trafficking project.
- Attend reflection meetings at AP and anti-trafficking meetings at national level.
- Assistance is provided to the project Manager and local partners in project design, implementation, monitoring and reflection.
- Project activities are implemented in integration with the other projects at the field.
- Project reports are developed in good quality and delivered on time.
- Ensure anti-trafficking related document at field are filed for references.
- Follow strictly WVV finance procedures and guidelines.
- Contribution is made to project baseline survey, assessment, final evaluation, or other social surveys.
- Volunteers and caseworkers are trained on facilitation and program skills.
- Work with consultants to provide capacity building and follow-up for local partners on rescuing victims
- Assistance is provided to capacity building for caseworkers and government counterparts who will carry out child protection activities at grassroots levels
- Contribution is made to project good practices, lesson learnt and MSCs and other documentations upon request
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
- Community mobilization skills, including networking/coordination among different local partners;
- Demonstrated training and group facilitation skills;
- Case management skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Fair English, especially report writing and reading skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Power point and email;
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in INGO-funded project planning and implementation.
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are: People and Culture Department -World Vision International – Vietnam Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi, Tel: 024. 39439920 (ext.118)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
Download Job Details
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất