WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 18,500,000 (FY19) with funding from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
The strategic focuses of WVV include: children protection from all forms of abuse, exploitation, violence and injury; reduction of malnutrition rate of children under 5 through integrated approach; sustainable livelihood for poor households to support sustainable well-being of children.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh – Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa – Hung Yen – Hai Phong), Central (Quang Tri – Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai – Binh Thuan – DakNong – Ho Chi Minh). WVV’s APs work with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
In alignment with the three ministry strategic objectives World Vision Vietnam implements three Technical Programs (TPs): Child Protection, Nutrition and Livelihoods. Technical Programmes are national or sub-regional level programmes implemented by World Vision in multiple geographic locations within a country. They employ evidence-based practices and models previously identified, defined and prioritised through a strategic process and documented in a Technical Approach (TA). TPs are designed to ensure National Offices (NOs) achieve World Vision’s mission, which includes the highest impact for the well-being of children, in accordance with relevant TA and NO strategic objectives.
The Technical Specialist – Nutrition directly reports to the Technical Program Manager –Nutrition within the Programme Quality and Resource Development Department. The PQRD department consists of a Program Effectiveness Unit, Grant Acquisition and Management (GAM) Unit, A Technical Services Unit (in lie with the three Ministry Strategic Objectives) and HEA/DRR Unit.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Technical Specialist – Nutrition supports WVV’s strategic goal to reduce malnutrition for children under 5 through integrated approach.
This role has a strong focus on providing WASH technical expertise and support to ensure the quality of the Nutrition Technical Program implementation.
I. Nutrition Technical Program Implementation
- Support TP Manager – Nutrition in managing the Nutrition TP within the local context, including ensuring DPA is applied in APs.
- Coordinate and disseminate WASH strategy, program logic, models and best practices.
- Filter WASH and Nutrition related partnership initiatives and contextualize for Vietnam context. This includes coordination of the collection, documentation and dissemination of World Vision WASH and Nutrition programming experience and best practice.
- Map WVV WASH and Nutrition activities/policies and approaches, and design a framework to refocus in more integrated ways. Incorporate Government approaches and policies into this thinking.
- Develop and deliver curriculum (ToT) training to government counterparts to enable staff to deliver accountable, evidence based, quality WASH and Nutrition programmes that bring sustained improvements to well-being of children.
- Identify and document best practices and good models for purpose of advocacy and replication.
II. Technical Quality Assurance
- Provide technical guidance on annual planning so that WASH and Nutrition “best practices, lessons learned are integrated into technically sound business plans and services are coordinated.
- Standardize Technical Guidelines/Training Materials for the implementation of the Nutrition Core Project models including Integrated WASH.
- Standardize DME tools for baseline, monitoring and evaluation of the TP by working with Program Effectiveness Unit.
- Support the Nutrition TP Manager in building the capacity of Nutrition Technical Program Officers, Area Programs, national and provincial partners in WASH to ensure the implementation of the Technical Program – Nutrition as per the Technical designs.
- Promote action learning across World Vision Vietnam through regular WASH and Health and Nutrition Sector Working Group meetings and training of others to take leadership of structured reflection in the zones, APs and grant funded projects.
- Technically endorse all LEAP documents (e.g. Nutrition baselines, designs, proposals, monitoring and evaluations) as per the agreed business process.
- Support the TP Manager – Nutrition to conduct periodic M&E and reporting activities as required, including taking monitoring support visits to APs implementing WASH and Nutrition projects and providing in the field technical consultation to ensure quality and progress of activities implemented.
III. Cross Cutting Themes
- Standardize Gender/Disability/Disaster Risk Reduction/living values development mainstreaming framework/tools/methods/training materials which align with partnership imperatives, best practice approaches, and NO strategic priorities.
- Conduct technical capacity building activities for AP staff, including indoor training, on the job training, coaching and ongoing technical support to ensure that guidelines/tools on Disability/Gender/DRR/Faith Development mainstreaming are clearly understood, followed and best practices are replicated by AP staff.
- Develop tools/mechanism to ensure that standard indicators (goal, outcomes, and outputs) are disaggregated by Gender and Disability.
IV. Resource Acquisition
- Support Nutrition TP Manager in developing Grant/PNS Concept Notes and Proposals for WASH and Nutrition.
- Provide technical support for design, implementation and evaluation of WASH and Nutrition Grant or PNS projects.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
– Bachelor degree in the relevant field.
– Relevant Master degree is an advance.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong relevant WASH and nutrition technical expertise.
- High level of diplomacy, communication, negotiation and persuasion and advocacy skills.
- Proven ability to provide coaching and deliver other capacity building activities.
- Ability to provide supportive supervision to assure the interventions’ quality.
- Ability to document and share best practice for replication.
- Good data analysis and reporting skills.
- Good proposal writing skills.
- Strong ability to speak, write and read in both English and Vietnamese.
- Three years’ experience in implementing interventions in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in Vietnamese rural communities.
- Experience in working with INGOs.
- Experience in advocacy.
- Experience in developing WASH or nutrition grant proposals.
- World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are: People and Culture Department -World Vision International – Vietnam Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi, Tel: 024. 39439920 (ext.118)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
08/02/2021Save the Children