Tổ chức Động vật Châu Á đã ký thỏa thuận hợp tác với Chính phủ Việt Nam nhằm hướng tới chấm dứt hoàn toàn nạn nuôi gấu lấy mật. Trong năm 2021, Tổ chức Động vật Châu Á đang tiến tới giai đoạn cuối cùng để biến điều này thành hiện thực và luôn cần thêm các Y tá thú y có trình độ để xây dựng đội thú y đủ năng lực và nhân sự phục vụ công cuộc bảo vệ động vật.
Y tá thú y sẽ làm việc chủ yếu ở Trung tâm Cứu hộ Gấu Việt Nam, VQG Tam Đảo, bên cạnh đó còn đóng góp vào việc xây dựng năng lực cho trung tâm cứu hộ gấu mới ở Miền Trung. Vì vậy, ứng viên cần có khả năng làm việc từ xa linh động và nhiệt tình.
Vị trí này làm việc trong môi trường quốc tế, vì vậy yêu cầu khả năng sử dụng tiếng Anh thông thạo và trình độ thú y theo tiêu chuẩn quốc tế. Các ứng viên vui lòng đọc yêu cầu tuyển dụng bằng tiếng Anh dưới đây:
- Capacity building and training Vietnamese members of staff.
- Supervising our Vietnamese Veterinary Interns as part of the provision of a comprehensive veterinary training package that considers the perspectives of veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses and veterinary para-professionals.
- Shared supervision of the companion animal clinic to oversee: appointment bookings, client interactions, the maintaining of all records and databases, provision of preventative medicine including parasite treatments and vaccinations, and the provision of nursing care to patients and clients seen at the clinic.
- Lead systems to ensure provision of the medical plans prescribed by the veterinary surgeons and work collaboratively with the bear team managers to ensure necessary information is communicated and that the systems of treatment provision are followed including the delivery of oral and topical medications to be used by the bear care teams.
- Provide nursing care to bears in hospital including accurate recording in the hospital records
- As needed:
- Participating in the hand-rearing and care of rescued orphan cubs.
- Attendance at off-site bear rescues, which can include multi-day road travel with bears being relocated to the sanctuary.
You would be asked to start in November 2021, pending international travel availability. Animals Asia will provide logistical support in terms of entry to Vietnam.
- Degree or Diploma (including Cert IV in Australia) in Veterinary Nursing or Veterinary Technology that is recognised by the applicants’ National or State Veterinary (Nursing) Board or Association (this is mandatory for visa purposes)
- At least 3 years post qualification experience in general or mixed veterinary practice, zoo medicine or a specialist referral centre where monitoring anaesthesia and procedure set up were key tasks of the role
- Passion for veterinary anaesthesia with a sound understanding of inhalational anaesthesia including how the machine and circuits used to deliver it work
- Proficient computer skills including the use of document editors (eg. Microsoft Word and Google Docs), spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets) and presentation software (Microsoft Powerpoint and Google Slides)
- Willingness to travel from Tam Dao Sanctuary near Hanoi to central Vietnam to provide support and oversight at the new sanctuary. This would occur on a rotating basis and may be as often as once per month
- As this position will work in a team comprising staff from multiple cultures, self-awareness, empathy and patience are essential
- Ability to manage own time effectively and prioritise tasks
- Strong people skills and the ability to work in a team or independently
- Fluent in English
- A good sense of humor, excellent communication skills, and the ability to live and work closely with the rest of the team
- Suitable candidates must be able to commit for a minimum of 2 years
Appointment is paid, full-time, five (5) days a week with some weekend work applicable.
The following items are included in your full-time contract
- On-site accommodation
- Relocation assistance
- Emergency medical insurance
- Paid holidays
How to apply
Interested parties please email a combined CV and cover letter (stating the applied position) with a completed Job Application Form to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Closing date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
31/10/2021The World Bank
All year round