Eligibility criteriaCandidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of taskWithin the delegated authority and under the supervision of Inclusive Innovation and Youth Officer with dotted reporting line to Youth Co:Lab/Youth Focal and Youth team in UNDP Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific, the National UN Volunteer, Youth Community Engagement Assistant will:
- Organise and facilitate online and offline Movers Programme workshops for youth in Viet Nam;
- Manage and oversee Movers Programme events and and members in Viet Nam;
- Community engagement and management with alumni of the youth programme, including Movers Programme;
- Support in adapting and localizing Movers training curriculum for Viet Nam context;
- Bridge and mobilize partners and resources in Viet Nam to co-convene Movers Programme activities, mentorship and module design;
- Travel to facilitate Movers Programme workshops if needed;
- Assist in the Youth Co:Lab Viet Nam activities, i.e. National Dialogue, Ecosystem Discussions and Innovation Challenge;
- Assist in the creating a robust youth network in Viet Nam;
- Assist in documentation and knowledge management of YCL and Movers Programme.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor and Youth Co:Lab/Youth Focal.
- Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in business management, marketing, communications, international relations or any related field.
- 12 Months
- Previous engagement with youth-related work is a must - experience of volunteering/working/interning in youth focused CSO/s or youth empowerment projects;
- Demonstrates commitment to UN’s mission, vision and values;
- Demonstrates sound judgment, diplomacy and sensitivity to confidential matters;
- Previous assignment in a similar position would be desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels.
- Vietnamese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
- Development programme/project administration
Area of expertise details:
- Development programme/project administration: Mandatory
- Community participation and development: Mandatory
- Youth and sports: Mandatory
- Good command of English and Vietnamese, written and oral; knowledge of regional languages preferred.
- Driving license: No
Competencies values:Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
Application procedure:Eligible candidates must be between 18 and 29 years of age throughout the duration of their service. * Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First register your profile HERE Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First update your profile HERE. Then go to ‘My Page’ and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Vietnam and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 21 March 2021
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)