|Title||Youth Engagement & Campaign Coordinator|
|Functional Area||Influencing, Communications & Campaign|
|Reports to||APAC Regional Lead for Communications & Campaign cum PIV
Influencing and Communications Manager
|Location||Based in PIV CO||Travel required||Yes|
|Effective Date||Sept 2020||Grade||D1|
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnership for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, including 14 in Asia.
Effective influencing & communication plays a key role in Plan International achieving its goals and objectives at every level; from programs to advocacy to media outreach to brand awareness.
The APAC Regional and PIV Youth Engagement and Campaign Coordinator will support the Influencing & Communications Unit in coordinating and support regional/national communications, campaign and influencing initiatives ensuring the meaningful and active participation of youth and children and support the implementation of both APAC Region and PIV strategic goals and the delivery of global, regional, country-level communications objectives.
Under the supervision of the Regional Lead for Communications & Campaign/PIV Influencing Manager, the post holder will be responsible for ensuring Plan International APAC and Plan International Vietnam is visible, engaging, respected and active on priority channels, as a wellknown brand that is associated with its organizational priorities, and is working towards a clearly defined set of goals that supports Plan International’s strategic global vision and change journey. S/he will work with regional and PIV teams to increase communications and campaign impact across the region, come up with good ideas, activities, materials and initiatives in support of the campaign, contribute to the development of capacity building initiatives, contribute to ensure the
unified message within the region and to ensure consistent monitoring and reporting against the regional/national strategic goals.
In order to accomplish these goals, this position will be working with Plan International’s Communications staff in offices across the region to coordinate campaign efforts and high-quality content from the region, including but not limited to offline/online events, video, photographic, media and case studies.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
• Budget: This position will work in conjunction with the Regional and PIV’s Communications budget
• Area of Responsibility: Campaigns Coordination, Visibility, Public Relation, Youth and Children’s Engagement
• Staff reporting to the role: None
• Networks: Regional, COs, NOs and GH Communications counterparts
1. Campaigns Coordination:
• Share good campaign ideas, activities, and materials, and contribute to ensure that there is an unified message within Plan International on Girls Get Equal in APAC region.
• Assist regional and PIV teams and work with consultants and other campaigners, on the development of appropriate campaign communications materials, including timely actions to support agreed objectives, and editing documents where required.
• Support the preparation of campaigning guidelines in APAC region while offering assistance and recommendations in relation to key campaigning issues to colleagues in
the region and in Vietnam.
• Contribute to the development and delivery of capacity building initiatives, including training, in support of the campaign within APAC region and Vietnam.
• Establish and maintain contacts with counterparts within Plan International and likeminded organizations in order to share information and discuss strategies on Plan International’s campaign roll out in APAC region and in Vietnam.
• Handling inquiries coming from COs, NOs and the public, as appropriate.
• Serve as an internal support and connector for staff supporting campaign across multiple reporting lines and work streams;
2. Visibility and Brand Awareness:
• Raise Plan International’s profile in APAC region and in Vietnam through quality production and dissemination of corporate materials, including brochures, flyers, banners, marketing films.
• Support regional and country management team and programme colleagues on how best to communicate and share knowledge within their network through the development of engaging content, including stories, images, videos and graphics.
• Assist with design, layout, photographic and video editing, as required.
• Ensure correct use of corporate identity and branding materials.
• Ensure that Plan International Safeguarding policy is applied in all communications work.
3. Supporting youth and children engaged in Plan International’s participatory media projects by:
• Develop their skills via representation in workshops, stories telling, youth-led researches social media and multimedia tools, ensure that their voices and products are promoted by Plan. This includes support child-friendly technical trainings and network on film production, photography, social media and communications initiatives at both regional and national level.
• Replicate the regional Youth Reporters model to Vietnam and other COs in the region.
4. Coordinating the set-up and effective operation of PIV Youth Advisory Committee and facilitate other youth activist groups to ensure their active and meaningful participation into all PIV’s work.
• Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
This post holder has to directly contact with different stakeholders at both regional and national levels, including:
• Colleagues at PIV, NOs, CO counterparts, RHs & GH
• Children, Youth and communities
• Local partners: teachers, health workers, commune/district leaders, members of
• UN, other INGOs and CSOs
• The media
• Sponsors, Donors
• Massive audiences
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor degree in related fields (communications, marketing, journalism).
• Minimum of 1 year demonstrated experience working as a professional communicator.
• Experience in dealing with the media, event management, public relation and both online and offline campaigning.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
• Good graphic design skills for online and printed products (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustrator…).
• Strong commitment to raise the profile of issues affecting children and their families in communities affected poverty.
• Strong organisational abilities; able to prioritise and manage different projects across diverse themes despite competing deadlines.
• Knowledge of press and PR (experience in work in the development sector would be particularly advantageous).
• Strong experience in outcomes-focused strategic communications and planning across the spectrum of media formats and genres
• Ability to work in multiple different cultural contexts and deliver to tight deadline
• Exceptional interpersonal communications, digital and writing skills
• Strategic thinking
• Facilitation, Coaching and training, including ability to design and conduct meetings, trainings and related activities. Ability to communicate with youth and children in a positive and non-threatening way, creating space for them to share their views and feel heard
• Analytical and problem solving
• Conflict management
• Budgeting and financial management
• Excellent office computer software
• Previous experience with INGO working in mountainous, ethnic areas and marginalized
people is an advantage
• Previous experience working with youth groups is preferred
• Knowledge of gender transformative and feminist leadership
• Willing to learn and change toward better, result orientated mid set
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
• Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
• Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
• Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
• Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
• Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
• Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
• Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
• Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
• Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
• Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
• Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
• Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
• Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
• We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
• We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programs and our workplace
• We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
This position bases at PIV CO. However, the job holder is expected to spend 30% of time for travelling to support PIV, other CO counterparts and the region.
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
Working location: Hanoi
Subject mail: [Plan International – 092020] Position – Fullname
Deadline: 25th September 2020
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
05/10/2020AVSE Global - Association of Vietnamese Scientists and Experts
07/10/2020Save the Children
Consultancy on Making Teaser Video and Documentary Clips for Process-oriented Child Monitoring (POM)VVOB Vietnam
Consultant/Consultant Team to Evaluate and Document Communication Solutions in Climate Information ServicesCARE International
02/10/2020Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)
25/10/2020Viet Nam Assistance for the Handicapped (VNAH)
02/10/2020Mines Advisory Group (MAG)
02/10/2020Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
Consultancy for Conducting Field-testing under Controlled Conditions of Glyphosate, Alternative Herbicides and Weed Management PracticesGCP