World Vision Vietnam is looking for a Zonal Technical Program Officer - Nutrition in Da Nang.
WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 19,000,000 (FY20) with funding from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which more than 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
The strategic focuses of WVV include: children protection from all forms of abuse, exploitation, violence and injury; reduction of malnutrition rate of children under 5 through integrated approach; sustainable livelihood for poor households to support sustainable well-being of children.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 36 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh - Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa - Hung Yen - Hai Phong), Central (Quang Tri - Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai - Binh Thuan – DakNong - Ho Chi Minh). WVV’s APs work with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
In alignment with the three ministry strategic objectives World Vision Vietnam implements three Technical Programs (TPs): Child Protection, Nutrition and Livelihoods. Technical Programmes are national or sub-regional level programmes implemented by World Vision in multiple geographic locations within a country. They employ evidence-based practices and models previously identified, defined and prioritised through a strategic process and documented in a Technical Approach (TA). TPs are designed to ensure National Offices (NOs) achieve World Vision’s mission, which includes the highest impact for the well-being of children, in accordance with relevant TA and NO strategic objectives.
Under each zone (6-8 APs), there are 3 Technical Program Officers: Nutrition/Child Protection/Livelihood and 1 Program Effectiveness Unit (PEU) Officer. The Technical Program Officer directly reports to Zonal Manager and has dotted line to the Technical Program Manager.
Under each AP, there are 6-8 staff, including 1 AP Manager, 1 Sponsorship Facilitator, 1 Finance Officer/Bookkeeper, 1 AP Coordinator and 2-4 Development Facilitators (DFs) who are in charge of all projects and program activities for around 2 assigned communes/wards in their AP (from assessment to planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and transition). DFs will be coached by the AP Manager programmatically and the Technical Program Officers technically.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Provide technical support for the adaptation, implementation, monitoring and reporting of TP in Central and Southern zone and be accountable for the technical quality of the TP and cross cutting themes mainstreamed in the TP
- Provide technical expertise and support to improve capacity of the AP staff and partners in the assigned zone in order to effectively deliver the TP
- Advocate for the scaling-up of evidence based project models and multiply impact across different Aps and provincial level.
- Contribute to ensure WV is a child safe organization through the implementation of the TP
- Strategic Direction
- Provide inputs from the field for development/ review, revision of respective Technical Approach, Technical Program, Area Program (AP) Plans, Child protection Policy and Project Models
- Provide input to TP Manager and Specialists on developing and standardizing Technical Guidelines/Training Materials for the implementation of Project models.
- Consolidate and analyze the monitoring data to come up with appropriate findings and recommendations to improve the technical quality
- Participate in the impact assessment/ operation research of Project Models
- Provide inputs to TP –level reports
- Explore needs for further funding to address the burning problems faced by the children relating to Nutrition and to share with Technical Program Manager in order to propose these issues through Concept paper, proposals..
- Technical Support and Quality Assurance
- Develop and implement technical working plan for designed zone
- Assist the AP (Including AP manager and DFs) to develop annual POA which relevant to AP plan and in alignment with NO technical approach
- Review AP Plans, annual POAs and project models of the designated APs to ensure its alignment with National Strategy, TA, and TP
- Provide technical support for AP staff in the implementation of TP, addressing and finding solutions to TP issues
- Facilitate periodic monitoring, supportive supervision and reflection at the APs in the zone to ensure the quality of the TP’s implementation
- Provide technical support for design, implementation and evaluation of grant/ PNS projects in designated zone
- Consolidate, review and validate and analyze data from AP before sending to PE Officer for compiling zone Indicators
- Support the AP team to ensure that assessment, monitoring and planning processes have active participation of the parents, community people, children and key project partners. This might include reviewing the process, documents of assessment & planning of the APs in the zone
- Review all the annual reports of the APs in the zone and provide feedback for improvement
- Support Technical Specialist and Technical Program Manager to standard DME tools for baseline, monitoring and evaluation of the TP
- Support zonal PEU Officer to introduce standard indicators and tools for baseline, monitoring and evaluation of the TP to the AP staff, so that these tools are disseminated to the local network for their use
- Participate in the following key M&E activities scheduled by PEU in the designated zone which should include AP assessment, AP Design and AP Evaluation
- Ensure that national KPIs related to Nutrition are reviewed, updated with accuracy periodically
- Provide technical support for procurement and strategic sourcing (materials, consultants)
- Manage project activities and budget for provincial level
- Review and ensure accuracy and consistency of all LEAP 3 budget coding
- Provide support to APs in implementation of nutrition management in emergency
- Capacity Building
- Introduce the technical models to AP staff
- Provide technical guidance to district/commune partners on project models
- In consultation with Technical Program Manager and Technical Specialist, AP Manager to facilitate capacity building activities including TOT training for AP technical resource persons for contextualization and follow-up
- In consultation with Technical Program Manager and Technical Specialist, AP Manager, Communication and Advocacy staff to document and share the best practices on Nutrition for the purpose of staff learning and development.
- Build and enhance capacity for local Rapid Response Teams (RRTs);
- Participate in building capacity with/for the NRRT
- Be ready for deployment to lead/join emergency responses (when requested)
- Advocacy and Networking
- Build and nurture effective working relationship with technical departments at provincial level
- Document and disseminate evidences on the impact/ effectiveness of the relevant project models with the provincial level decision/policy makers for advocacy activities
- Work with APs and Zonal Manager to plan and allocate budget for advocacy activities at provincial level
- Implement and monitoring the outcomes of advocacy activities at provincial level while ensure the linkage between different levels
- Identify and raise emerging issues for advocacy
- Identify and share learnings, good practices, model from implementation for Technical Program Manager and Technical Specialist for purpose of advocacy and replication.
- Represent WVV at relevant forums, meetings, working groups and workshops relating to Nutrition in designated zone
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-study, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Health/ Nutrition or related fields.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, demonstrated leadership and good management ability.
- Proven ability to provide coaching and deliver other capacity building activities.
- Ability to provide supportive supervision to assure the interventions’quality.
- Ability to document and share best practice for replication.
- Good data analysis and reporting skills.
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes.
- Ability to communicate and relate effectively with a diverse range of people (i.e. project beneficiaries, Government officials, project partners, WVV staff).
- Good reading and report writing skills in Vietnamese and English.
- Good computer skills (word processing, excel, power point & email).
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, exercise judgment, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Strong ability to speak, write and read in both English and Vietnamese.
- Be willing to travel to the APs in designated zone.
- Experience in working with non-governmental organization.
- Proven experience in managing community projects
- Experience of and demonstrated ability to effectively network with a diverse range of multi-lateral, and government bodies;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating projects and ensuring that recommendations are implemented.
- Work with a different teams and communities to provide the technical support
- Extensive travelling within the assigned zone (60% field based and 40% office based)
- Work with minimum of supervision
- Be Safe and Resilient: I take care of my personal well-being and support others to do the same.
- Build Relationships: I treat others with empathy and respect so that trust grows and we can speak the truth with love.
- Learn and Develop: I create opportunities for myself and others to grow, strengthen competence and improve performance.
- Partner and Collaborate: I engage and influence networks of people beyond my role to make a bigger difference than we could alone.
- Deliver Results: I focus on and help achieve the things that matter most, with clear evidence of my contribution
- Be Accountable: I exercise wise stewardship showing sound judgment and integrity in the decisions and choices I make.
- Improve and Innovate: I seek and discover new and better ways of doing things, solve problems, and turn ideas into action.
- Embrace Change: I approach change and the opportunities it offers with openness and courage and I encourage others to do the same.
Our contact details are:
People and Culture Department – Ms. Nguyen Thi Minh Phuong
World Vision International - Vietnam
Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi.
Tel: +84 24 39439920 – Extension: 123
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
APPLY HERE before 23rd April 2021.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)