EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN PUBLIC HEALTH
FHI 360 is an international non-governmental organization that, in Vietnam, promotes the health and well-being of the Vietnamese people, particularly vulnerable and marginalized populations. It works with the Vietnam Ministry of Health and other national bodies, as well as provincial and district-level health services to achieve project aims. FHI 360 is currently implementing programs to address HIV prevention, testing, and treatment; combatting trafficking in persons; COVID-19; tuberculosis case finding and treatment; clinical research; anti-microbial resistance; health system strengthening; non-communicable diseases; maternal and child health and nutrition; and diagnostic and laboratory services.
We are currently seeking qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese candidates to fill in the AMR Data and Surveillance Specialist position for the Fleming Fund Country Grant for Vietnam - Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance in Vietnam, based in Hanoi.
FHI 360 seeks an AMR Data and Surveillance Specialist for the Fleming Fund Country Grant for Vietnam - Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance in Vietnam (FF). The Country Grant will address critical gaps in surveillance of antibiotic resistant bacteria in Vietnam. This grant will support implementation of national plans for antimicrobial resistance (AMR) surveillance and will focus on selected number of AMR surveillance sites in the human health (HH) and animal health (AH) sectors. We will work closely with local entities that are already involved in AMR/AMU surveillance, oversight and improvement activities, local and national Technical Working Groups, national and regional reference laboratories for animal health, other government and national and international non-government stakeholders, and Mott MacDonald - the Fleming Fund Management Agent.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for oversight of activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for AMR/AMU surveillance in humans and animals. These position responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide technical assistance to reference and regional animal and human health laboratories and AMR/AMU surveillance sites to collect, refine and analyze the AMR/AMU surveillance data.
- In collaboration with implementing partners, provide technical support to hospital microbiology labs to develop a tailored package on Laboratory Information System (LIS) installation, customization and upgrades, as well as interacting with other data management systems and monitor/verify outcomes and completeness.
- Provide technical support for surveillance laboratories in using WHONET and AMR portal, as needed,
- Share the findings including AMR/AMU trends to national stakeholders and AMR/AMU TWG quarterly and annually.
- Provide technical assistance to prepare and submit AMR/AMU-related data and reports as per the national, regional and global standards.
- Provide data review, data analysis and visualization for AMR surveillance data at both HH and AH sectors.
- Support to collate and share data, results, and approaches to stimulate improvement and innovation in the field of AMR/AMU surveillance to reduce the risk of AMR in the country
- Provide technical support and guidance to the project team on surveillance and M&E-related activities
- Other duties as requested.
- Minimum of University degree or equivalent, preferably in Statistics/Computer Science
- Three to five years experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Cycle Management, or Statistics, managing and conducting epidemiological and/or social scientific research and surveillance
- Experience in standard statistical methods/tools in research and with quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Knowledge and experience of disease surveillance and other relevant health programs
- Experiences on AMR/AMU, WHONET and LIS/ Hospital Information System (HIS) is an advantage
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency in word processing, databases and spreadsheets, with advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: GIS, SPSS, Epi Info, Stata, SAS, MS Excel and MS Access
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance
FHI 360 offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to visit FHI 360’s career page at https://www.fhi360.org/careers and apply the position ONLINE by 19 March 2023. Selection and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)
Thực Tập Sinh Phòng Văn Hoá - Thông Tin (Đại Sứ Quán Hoa Kỳ)
Senior Finance ManagerAIP Foundation
Just Energy Transition Partnership Delivery Lead, HEO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Consultant/Consultancy team (WVV)WVV
LE4 Finance and HR Officer (Australian Embassy)Australian Embassy
Program Intern (part-time) (PSI)PSI
MEAL Coordinator (Save the Children)Save the Children
National Migration Health Consultant (IOM)IOM
Temporary Area Program Sponsorship Falicitator (WVV)WVV
Communications Manager, USAID Saving Threatened Wildlife (USAID STW) (WWF)WWF
Community forest consultant in Quang Nam Province (RECOFTC)RECOFTC
Communications Intern (maximum 6 months) (Hagar)Hagar
Project Officer on Competition and Consumer Protection (GIZ)GIZ
Child Protection and Education Collaborator (GNI)GNI
Sector Leader Energy (SNV)SNV
Trợ Lý Dự Án Full-time (Viện Nghiên cứu phát triển cộng đồng ACDC)ACDC
Consultancy services at GIZ (GIZ)GIZ
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)WVV
Communication and Event Intern (MSD)MSD