Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1996, SPIR has been operating in Vietnam and developing strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in 4 sectors health, education, protection, and disaster preparedness and response.
SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the central province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Area Base & Comms Officer
Position Duration: 01 Year with possibility of extension based on performance and funding
Duty Station: Ho Chi Minh City with frequent travel to project locations and head office
Reports To: Area Manager
The Area Base & Comms Officer supports all projects and office functions in assigned location with a special focus on communications. He/she is responsible for supporting operational functions of finance, human resource, administration, logistics and communication for the Ho Chi Minh City location. In addition, it will providing logistical, administrative, and monitoring support for projects.
- Operations Functions: Working under direct supervision of Area Manager and support from Human Resource Manager, Office Manager and Procurement Manager in head office.
- Human Resources: Support for recruitment process, onboarding and departure process for staff; maintain employee records, timesheets, leave records and HR filing system for assigned location.
- Administration: Ensure office space is clean, has sufficient supplies, and well maintained; support Area Manager in office security management, asset management, and filing.
- Logistics: Arrange transportation vehicle and accommodation for staff and visitors; find location for meeting, workshop and conference out of office.
- Relations: Support in hosting agency representatives, donors, and government partners.
- Communication: Ensure that all internal communication needs are met for the office to stay engaged with the head and international offices, as well as external communication needs of donors and partners.
- Program Support: Support for projects’ activities in assigned location.
- Logistics: Prepare logistical arrangements including transportation, accommodations, meals, and supplies for project activities.
- Procurement: Ensure the project has the necessary products and/or services that meet requirements on schedule to complete activities in a timely manner.
- Administration: Prepare documents to track project activities, surveys, independent contractor contracts, forms, purchase requests, etc.
- Communication: Support with reporting writing, taking photos, and writing stories of beneficiaries and project activities.
- Financial Support:
- Responsible for cash box and office expense reconciliation.
- Requests cash advances and ensure activity budgets are spent appropriately and according to donor requirements.
- Collect clear and accurate receipts and creates regular finance expense reports for activities completed.
- Support projects in reviewing partner financial reporting for accuracy and compliance with financial requirements when necessary.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Work Environment: nurture a positive work environment and foster a commitment to SPIR values and ethics.
- Team Support: SPIR works as a team to carry out programming and additional responsibilities will be assigned to achieve the goals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Area Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University in a relevant area of study such as Human resource, business administration, office management, social work or related field.
- Minimum of 01 year experience working in project execution and/or operations with an INGO.
- Strong willingness and passion to see help poor and disadvantaged in Vietnam.
- Intermediate English-written and spoken desired, basic English required. Fluency in Vietnamese-written and spoken.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills; high level of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Humble team player; ability to be flexible and adapt, maturity
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Ability to travel frequently to remote villages in varying weather conditions.
SPIR in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please note that Applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your Cover letter and SPIR Application form (as attached) to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Area Base & Comms Officer Opportunity” in the subject title. Application Deadline: January 31, 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
07/02/2021The World Bank
09/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam