Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1996, SPIR has been operating in Vietnam and developing strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in 6 sectors livelihood, health, education, protection, relief and WASH.
SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the center province, Tra Vinh, the south province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Area - Health Project Assistant
Grade: Junior Program
Position Duration: 9 months (1 July 2021-31 March 2022) with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Lao Cai, Lai Chau, or Hanoi with frequent travel to project locations
Reports To: Health Project Manager
The Health Project Assistant will support the Health Program of Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) under the direction of the Health Project Manager. He or she provides logistical, administrative, and monitoring support under the direction of the Health Project Manager. Additionally he or she can provide technical support with health trainings and trainings of Traditional Birth Attendants.
Currently the projects take place in Lai Chau and Lao Cai Provinces yet may shift to other areas. The current components of health programming include training of Traditional Birth Attendants, health staff capacity building training, and community based health and nutrition programming for mothers with children under age five years old.
- Project Implementation: Support Health Project Manager and Health Project Coordinator(s) with project implementation and monitoring. Assisting to coordinate and carry out activities at project locations including trainings, activities, assessments, monitoring, and evaluation under the direction of the Health Project Manager.
- Logistical Arrangements: Ensure logistical arrangements are prepared including transportation, accommodations, meals, and supplies for project activities.
- Trainings: Assist with and/or prepare the health/nutrition training with the development of supporting materials. Review partner’s training for accuracy and applicability of materials to community health and nutrition needs.
- Monitoring: Supporting the monitoring of training and activities conducted by SPIR and partners. Able to complete survey on trainings and activities and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Reporting and Data Entry: Data is compiled from surveys, questionnaires, and activities to create summary of information for input into reports including data software and monthly reports.
- Stakeholder, Partner, and Government Relations: Assist the Health Project Manager and Health Project Coordinator(s) with meetings, communications, and related documentation. Works to foster strong relationships with partnering authorities.
- Financial management: Requests cash advances and ensure activity budgets are spent appropriately and according to donor requirements. Collects clear and accurate receipts and creates regular finance expense reports for activities completed with integrity. Reviews partner financial reporting for accuracy and meeting financial requirements.
- Documentation: Prepare documentation needed to track project activities, surveys, IC contracts, forms, purchase requests, etc.
- Schedule: Mange timely completion of the project under the direction of the Project Manager in coordination with partners. Using the Work Breaking Structure (WBS) to monitor the project’s tasks and updating every week. Ensuring deadlines are met and activities planned in order to meet the project’s timeline.
- Procurement: Utilizing established office procedures to ensure the project has the necessary products and/or services to complete work in a timely manner. Saving and monitoring the procurement’s document in the share drive and document storage. Inventorying the project’s supplies in Lao Cai storage.
- Quality: Overseeing activities to ensure they meet the quality needs for which it was approved.
- Communication: Ensure proper communication with team members and partners. Nurture a positive work environment, fostering a commitment to SPIR values and ethics.
- Other Responsibilities: SPIR works as a team to carry out programming and additional responsibilities will be assigned to achieve the goals of our project activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in medicine, nursing, midwifery, or health related field
- At least 01 years’ experience working in health related field
- At least 01 years’ experience in project execution or formal training
- Strong willingness and passion to see help poor and disadvantaged in Vietnam.
- Basic English-written and spoken
- Fluency in Vietnamese-written and spoken
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills; high level of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Professional maturity: ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goals.
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Ability to travel frequently to remote villages in varying weather conditions to carry out project activities.
SPIR in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please note that Applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your Cover letter and SPIR Application form (as attached) to email@example.com referencing “Area Health PA Opportunity” in the subject title. Application Deadline: 30 June, 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam