Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1996, SPIR has been operating in Vietnam and developing strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in 4 sectors health, education, protection, and disaster preparedness and response.
SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the central province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Area Manager
Grade: Senior Manager
Position Duration: 01 Year with possibility of extension based on performance and funding
Duty Station: Ho Chi Minh City with frequent travel to project locations
Reports To: Country Director (direct) and Senior Programs Manager (indirect)
The Area Manager is responsible for the overall leadership, direction, and oversight of programs and operations in southern Vietnam with the current main project in Tra Vinh. The Area Manager must ensure that all program designs and outputs align with Samaritan’s Purse’s strategy, donor standards, and local laws and requirements. The current projects include relief, water, sanitation, hygiene, and livelihood, yet may expand or shift to other sectors.
- Operations Management: work closely with country leadership, human resource manager, and office manager to oversee all operational functions in assigned location.
- Human Resources: oversee personnel management including recruitment, orientation, care, capacity building, performance evaluation, disciplinary measures, and leave tracking.
- Administration: ensure daily office operation functioning including telephone, email, fax, inventory, security, asset management, and filing. Ensure accountable and efficient systems are in place.
- Safety and Security: serve as security focal point for the region and ensure in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Relations: take responsibility for hosting agency representatives, donors, and government partners.
- Programs Management: work closely with country leadership, senior program manager, program development manager, and monitoring and evaluation manager to oversee all program requirements in assigned location.
- Cycle: manage the entire project lifecycle from initiation, planning, implementation, monitoring/evaluation, and conclusion
- Design: ensure high quality proposals, log frames, and budgets are prepared for ongoing and new projects for the region.
- Implementation: ensure project implementation within the defined scope, budget, and schedule. Address programmatic challenges. Adjust implementation strategies as necessary for successful program outputs.
- Strategic Planning: assist with and coordinate with country director and senior management team in the development and creation of a country plan and strategy. Ensure programming aligns with vision and strategic plan.
- Monitor and Evaluation: track program progress, update monitoring database and workbooks, record lessons learned, and ensure significant impact is achieved.
- Risk Management: conduct risk management planning, identification, analysis, response planning, and controlling throughout the project cycle.
- Program Reporting: produce required reports and impact stories for leadership and donors.
- Financial Management: work closely with country leadership and finance team to manage project budgets.
- Budget Management: plan, budget, manage, and control costs to ensure project completion within the approved project budget(s)
- Expense Management: review and approve all financial transactions to ensure accuracy of transactions, including cash advances, expense reports, purchase requests, payments, and quote analysis.
- Cash flow Management: produce funds request and spending forecasts.
- Financial Reporting: complete all financial reporting.
- Partner Financial Management: review and ensure partner financial reports for accuracy and compliance.
- Petty Cash: oversee office’s petty cash fund and weekly report is submitted on-time.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Supervisor Responsibilities: supervise area local staff in accordance to the policy and practice of SPIR. Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of staff.
- Partner Relationship: develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and new partners including community leaders, government officials, local leaders, and other nongovernment organizations. Ensure the agency is accepted by the community, attend relevant meetings, coordinate to avoid program overlap and identify gaps, and support in overall relationships building.
- Work Environment: nurture a positive work environment and foster a commitment to SPIR values and ethics.
- Team Support: SPIR works as a team to carry out programming and additional responsibilities will be assigned to achieve the goals.
- Leaderships: serve on the country senior leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in associated field.
- At least 05 year experience working with ethnic minorities and/or rural communities in Project Management or Operations.
- Strong willingness and passion to see help poor and disadvantaged in Vietnam.
- Experience with capacity building training.
- Translation/Interpretation experience for official meetings, documents, and to support international staff.
- Formal project management certification or training preferred.
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese-written and spoken. Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills; high level of integrity.
- Humble team player; ability to be flexible and adapt, maturity
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Ability to travel frequently to remote villages in varying weather conditions.
SPIR in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please note that applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam