Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. With a 22 year history working in Vietnam, SPIR has developed strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in 5 sectors health, education, protection, livelihood and relief.
SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the central province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking a national candidate with high qualifications for the following position:
Position Title: Area Project Coordinator (Lao Cai)
Grade: Junior Program
Position Duration: 08 months (hiring date until 31 March 2021)
Duty Station: Lao Cai City with frequent travel to project locations
Reports To: Programs Manager
Samaritan’s Purse International Relief implements projects in four sectors in Lao Cai province, all with an emphasis on training various groups. These sectors include health, education, protection, and disaster preparedness and response. This role will serve to support with the implementation of project activities and connection and frequent communication with local government partners.
Area Project Coordinator performs under the guidance of the Programs Manager. He/She is responsible for making plans, coordinating, conducting and supervising project activities including assessment components and trainings. He/She is expected to support and maintain government relationships and also to be a resource on local information, disasters response, and networks within Lao Cai. Occasional travel to Lai Chau for project activities and Hanoi for coordination and training with central office will be expected.
- Project Implementation: Support project staff with project implementation and monitoring under the direction of the Programs Manager.
- Coordinate, prepare, and carry out activities at project locations including trainings, activities, assessments, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Logistics: Prepare logistical arrangements including transportation, accommodations, meals, and supplies for project activities.
- Procurement: Ensure the project has the necessary products and/or services to complete activities in a timely manner. Ensure correct delivery of project supplies. Ensure supplies meet the requirements defined by project teams.
- Administration: Prepare documents needed to track project activities, surveys, IC contracts, forms, purchase requests, etc.
- Schedule: Mange timely completion of the project activities in coordination with partners.
- Project Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Monitor training and activities conducted by SPIR and partners.
- Complete survey on trainings and activities and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Compile data from surveys, questionnaires, and activities to create summary of information for input into reports including data software and monthly reports.
- Collect information, photos, videos from beneficiaries and partners for reports.
- Project Identification, Design & Planning:
- Assist project staff during needs assessment, planning, and set up activities.
- Provide project managers with local knowledge and information to ensure project effectiveness in local context.
- Disaster Response: Collect information and data on local disasters. Support project teams inidentifying, assessing needs and formulating responses to local disasters.
- Stakeholder, Partner, and Government Relations:
- Assist the Programs Manager with meetings, communications, and related documentation.
- Foster strong relationships with partnering authorities at the provincial and district levels.
- Ensure proper communication with team members and partners.
- Financial Management:
- Requests cash advances and ensure activity budgets are spent appropriately and according to donor requirements.
- Collects clear and accurate receipts and creates regular finance expense reports for activities completed.
- Reviews partner financial reporting for accuracy and compliance with financial requirements.
- Nurture a positive work environment, fostering a commitment to SP values and ethics.
- Other Responsibilities: SPIR works as a team to carry out programming and additionalresponsibilities will be assigned to achieve the goals of our project activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (health, social work, education, protection, agriculture)
- At least 03 years’ experience working with project implementation
- Strong willingness and passion to see help ethnic minorities, poor and disadvantaged in Vietnam.
- Intermediate level in English and Vietnamese-written and spoken.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills; high level of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Professional maturity: ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goals.
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Strong awareness of local culture, customs, and other contextual information.
- Ability to work remotely, under minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel frequently to remote villages in varying weather conditions to carry out project activities.
- Strong understanding of ethnic minority groups in Lao Cai & Lai Chau is a plus.
SPIR in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please note that Applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your Cover letter and SPIR Application form (as attached) to email@example.com referencing “Area Project Coordinator Opportunity” in the subject title.
Application Deadline: 17:00 pm, July 31st, 2020
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
23/07/2020united nations department of operational support (dos)
National Individual Consultancy: Landscape Analysis for Prevention of Overweight Obesity amongst ChildrenUNICEF
13/07/2020World Bank Group
Climate and Sustainable Program Manager, Graphic (Multimedia) Designer, Designer Assistant Intern, Marcom Assistant InternCHANGE
17/07/2020Plan International Vietnam
18/07/2020International Finance Corporation (IFC)
06/07/2020Department of Global Communications
01/08/2020International Potato Center (CIP)
10/07/2020Conciliation Resources (CR)
26/07/2020Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance Business Transformation and Accountability Division
05/08/2020Department of Safety and Security