Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1996, SPIR has been operating in Vietnam and developing strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in six sectors livelihood, health, education, protection, relief and WASH.
SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the center province, Tra Vinh, the south province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Area Protection Project Assistant (Lao Cai)
Grade: Junior Program
Position Duration: From the hiring date to 31 March 2022
Duty Station: Lao Cai and other locations assigned by SPIR
Reports To: Protection Project Manager
The Area Protection Project Assistant will support the protection project(s) and other projects as needed for Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR). He/She is responsible to receive direction and prepare for project activities in areas of logistics, supply chain, administration, and training monitoring in Lao Cai and occasionally Lai Chau.
- Project Implementation: Complete project activities under the direction of Protection Project Manager. Ensure project activities are implemented according to defined scope, schedule and quality.
- Trainings: Prepares for and assists with training sessions. Master trainer for Human Trafficking and Safe Migration and Child Sexual Abuse Prevention trainings and able to lead trainings for others.
- Logistic & Procurement: Prepare logistical arrangements for project activities. Utilizing established office procedures to ensure the project has the necessary products and/or services to complete work in a timely manner. Ensure correct delivery of project supplies.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: Monitoring activities conducted by SPIR and partners. Conduct surveys and questionnaire. Collect, compile and file data for trip reports and routine reports using existing systems.
- Communication: Make sure information is clearly exchanged between team members before giving to partners. Actively communicate with Protection Project Manager to ask any question relating to the projects.
- Stakeholder, Partner, and Government Relations: Assist the Project Manager and Project Coordinator(s) with meetings, communications, and related documentation. Works to foster strong relationships with partnering authorities.
- Administration: Prepare documents needed to track project activities, surveys, IC contracts, forms, purchase requests, etc.
- Schedule: Mange timely completion of the project activities under the direction of the Protection Project Manager in coordination with partners.
- Financial management: Perform standardize finance procedures to implement activities. Collect valid receipts and prepare expense reports with high level of integrity.
- Nurture a positive work environment, fostering a commitment to SPIR values and ethics.
- Other Responsibilities: SPIR works as a team to carry out programming and additional responsibilities will be assigned to achieve the goals of our project activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Protection, Psychology, Social Work, or related degree
- At least 01 years’ experience working in the field of protection or human trafficking prevention
- At least 01 years’ experience in project execution or formal training
- Strong willingness and passion to see help poor and disadvantaged in Vietnam.
- Basic English and fluency in Vietnamese-written and spoken.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills; high level of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Professional maturity: ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goals.
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Strong awareness of local culture, customs, and other contextual information.
- Ability to work remotely, under minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel frequently to remote villages in varying weather conditions to carry out project activities.
- Strong understanding of ethnic minority groups and/or ability to speak ethnic minority languages in Lao Cai & Lai Chau is a plus.
SPIR in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please note that Applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 25 March, 2021
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)