- Organisation Name: FHI 360
- Location: Hanoi
- Application Deadline: Thu, 2024-02-29
Background:FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Billing Analyst II. Our team is growing, and we are looking for talented professional to join our team!
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Billing Analyst II
Job Summary:Works with departmental staff to ensure invoicing documents conform to required Funder contract standards, company guidelines, US Government FAR, CAS, and A-122 regulations and Funder expectations and are transmitted to Funders expeditiously. Reads and interprets contractual billing terms to adhere to contractual requirements and timelines. Performs administrative support activities for the contract billing and revenue recognition department. Uses office automated systems to input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries. Reconciles accounts as needed and maintains a complete and systematic set of periodic transactions. Prepares reports, maintains financial filing systems, and processes work of others in the department with accuracy. Informs manager of billing / payment issues and prepares reports in anticipation of financial reporting timelines. Accountabilities:
- Performs intermediate-level billing activities for all project types (CPFF, T&M, Fixed Price) and various customers for the contract billing, AR and revenue recognition department.
- Ensures all bills are current and invoicing documents conform to required Funder contract standards, follow company guidelines and are aligned with US Government FAR, CAS, and 2 CFR 200 regulations, as required.
- Uses the financial billing system to accurately prepare bills, reconcile invoices and complete NICRA rate adjustments
- Provides analysis of costs incurred in accordance with contractual, company and federal requirements to determine billable costs and required supporting documentation for processing.
- Independently identifies and escalates any system invoice calculation errors and billing/payment issues management and either leads or supports issue resolution, depending on complexity.
- Reconciles projects costs to billed costs and maintains a complete and systematic set of billing records.
- Prepares reports in anticipation of financial reporting timelines.
- Reconciles any funder required report documentation to system generated invoices.
- Creates custom reports, maintains financial filing systems, and uploads invoices to a shared storage location for company records.
- Submits timely and accurate invoices directly to funder or through online customer portals, when necessary
- Produces a monthly reconciliation consisting of a thorough analysis of project and billing costs with an explanation of any unbilled costs.
- Must be able to read a contractual document and interpret and apply the rules and regulations related to financial billing, funding, and reporting
- Collaborates with the program staff and external clients to provide accurate and timely invoices that are compliant with the proposed budget and/or contractual documents.
- Participates in special research and analytical projects related to Contract Billing, AR & Revenue Recognition department.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Independently interpret and apply thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and their application.
- Apply thorough knowledge of applicable information technology to perform the billing duties.
- Demonstrated ability in account and vendor statement reconciliation.
- Strong dispute resolution skills.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure a high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to be proactive, handle multiple responsibilities, meet deadlines, prioritize and manage numerous independent tasks and work effectively under pressure.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively influence others inside and outside the organization as well as champion and implement ideas.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in confidential matters
- Ability to demonstrate ethical conduct and decision-making skills.
- Must be an independent working with the ability to multitask and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Has ability to recognize situations that deviate from accepted practice.
- Follows specific standards and procedures to resolve; variations must be approved by manager before taking action.
- Errors may negatively impact departmental function and ability to meet deadlines.
- Work is supervised and specific instructions are given for new activities or special assignments.
- May offer ideas and suggestions for improving efficiency, but does not change procedures without supervisor’s approval.
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Typically reports to a Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3+ years’ experience in an Accounting, Finance, Billing or related field.
- Experience in billing and knowledgeable of work breakdown structures.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and data entry / automated accounting systems.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Understanding of US Government FAR, CAS and 2 CFR 200 regulations
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Strong Analysis and problem solving skills
- Understanding of US Government FAR, CAS and 2 CFR 200 regulations.
- Must be an independent worker with the ability to multi task and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- Less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
How to apply:Interested candidates are invited to visit FHI 360’s career page at FHI 360's career portal and apply ONLINE by submitting your cover letter and resume by February 29, 2024.