*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
World Vision (WV) is digitally accelerating Going Further as part of Our Promise strategy representing our firm promise to make a difference in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. A critical part of our digital transformation framework is rebalancing from “Mind-to-Machine” to be an organization that is data-driven in every decision and action we take. As part of this effort, WV is recruiting a Chief Data Officer (CDO) to lead its digital transformation efforts around data.
The Global Chief Data Officer (CDO) will be responsible for developing a shared vision and strategic leadership for data-driven business transformation and creating value for WV’s ministry and the children, their families and communities and the supporters we serve. The CDO will champion developing WV’s organizational capability to govern the production and management of data and to make it readily available to generate unprecedented insights that lead to greater efficiencies, reduced costs, growing revenues, better customer experiences, and increased impact.
The CDO will be responsible for collaboratively envisioning, creating and executing an organisation-wide data strategy the scope of which include the end-to-end data journey—how we collect, organize, store, manage, protect, analyze, communicate, and consume the data. This role holds the responsibility for stewarding Partnership-wide data-centricity, effectiveness, and efficiency (with accountability for this held by data owners across the organization) – and for holding data owners across the organisation accountable for ensuring they put in place the agreed measures and improvements that will lead WV to become a truly best-in-class data driven organization.
The scope of the role would include:
- Formulate a data governance framework and lead the data governance council across the organisation bringing diverse business leaders and stakeholders to improve the value we derive from data while championing and driving towards a culture and practice of data driven decisions at all levels with excellence.
- Develop and implement an organization-wide data strategy co-created with business owners with input from stakeholders across the partnership. This strategy will be focused initially on impact, programmatic performance & operations data with a clear roadmap for scoping all areas of the business and ministry in the definite future.
- Lead a focused portfolio of data projects and initiatives to realise the data strategy developed and executed in collaboration with business owners and entities globally.
- Outline and develop the data competencies and culture within the organisation with regards to data through organization-wide change management processes at global and at each entity level.
- Develop and implement partnership wide data policies and standards including but not limited to privacy, protection, stewardship, production, consumption and retention in collaboration with data owners, relevant business groups, legal, cybersecurity and line management.
- Foster an enabling environment for high-quality business intelligence and analytics capability across the organization. This will include oversight to business intelligence solutions and support data operations leveraging the internal and external eco-systems and both proprietary and external data and working across business functions and entities to build capability across the orgnisation.
The CDO will be part of WV’s digital and technology senior leadership team and will also play a lead role related to data in governance and management bodies across the organization. The CDO will also be a key leader representing WV in external agencies and networks forging partnerships and building alliances influencing the industry in moving towards a data-driven decision-making culture and practice in humanitarian sector.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree in Information Science, Business, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Typically requires 15 – 20 years of relevant business work experience.
- Requires excellent knowledge of Information Science, Data, and Data Systems and processes, gained through formal education or equivalent work experience.
- Highly effective and convincing in written and verbal communication in English.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector and/or working with international NGOs.
- Business management knowledge gained through consulting or multi-disciplinary engagement.
- Experience leading enterprise-level change management processes.
- Ability to think and work both strategically and operationally.
- Ability to build, motivate and lead virtual and cross-functional teams in complex environments.
- Cross-cultural and international work experience.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally with multiple business units and multiple strands of data.
Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary, typically ~25%.
More details about the job can be found HERE.
DEADLINE: 13th April 2021
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
21/12/2021Save the Children
09/12/2021UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
09/12/2021Save the Children
06/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization
10/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
08/12/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
07/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
13/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization