We are currently seeking qualified, experienced, and highly motivated Vietnamese candidate for the position of Clinical Advisor for the USAID Support to End Tuberculosis project, based in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Works with National TB program, the Vietnam government and other stakeholders to develop and update the National TB guidelines, training materials, SOPs, job aids, monitoring tools for implementation at national level.
- Works with the Project leader and other relevant staffs in developing strategies for the project, supporting the National TB Program, that range from clinical and technical services for TB diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. Keeps abreast with state-of-the-art guidelines, and clinical updates to ensure high quality programming.
- Provides clinical technical assistance to provincial and district TB health facilities including on-site mentoring, training and medical consultation. Supports the project’s technical officers working on TB diagnosis, treatment support, and prevention to enhance monitoring quality, support implementing agencies to comply with national guidelines.
- Develops the training materials, SOPs and tools and provides and/or oversees training and facilitation on related clinical areas, including TB diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Provides technical input on clinical areas and topics by reviewing current literature and their relevance to the project’s activities and for the National TB Program; makes recommendations to improve programming based on field experience, research, and best practices.
- Works closely with other project staff to ensure strong linkages between clinical practice of TB diagnosis, treatment, and prevention with project programming in these same areas.
- Ensures that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization's mission and reflects the priorities of the program.
Essential qualifications and experience for the position:
- Doctor of Medicine, Post-graduate diploma level II with a minimum of 5 years experienced in the area of diagnosis, treatment & care of Tuberculosis, Infectious Diseases or HIV/AIDS.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize and respond in a timely manner to stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in health education and development programs in Vietnam.
- Good written and spoken English and Vietnamese.
- Computer literate with strong skills in use of MS office package (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint…)
- Ability to travel as necessary
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
28/01/2022Education for Nature - Viet Nam (ENV)
28/02/2022Vietnam Public Health Association (VPHA)
04/03/2022WHO - World Health Organization
28/01/2022Save The Children International
27/01/2022Save The Children International
21/01/2022Oxfam in Vietnam
06/02/2022Save the Children
30/01/2022Save the Children
27/01/2022Save the Children
10/02/2022Save the Children
26/01/2022Managament and Sustainable Developement Institute (MSD)