Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. With a 23 year history working in Vietnam, SPIR has developed strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in 5 sectors health, education, protection, livelihood and relief. SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the central province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidate for position of Collaborator as the following:
Service description: Collaborate to help visually impaired students with English skills
Service Duration: One lesson/week, from 25 Feb to 31 August
Working location: Hanoi
Reports to: Report to Project Coordinator
- Facilitate the English class the students with visual impairments once a week in a week-day morning, two hours per session;
- Prepare lesson plans and exercises which are suitable for students’ basic English level to help them practice listening, speaking and writing skills; improve vocabularies and grammar;
- Send the teaching plan and lesson plan of each month to Project Coordinator at least 2 days before the first session of that month;
- Give suggestions and corrections for students whenever they need help;
- Regularly discuss the situation or development plan of the class with Project Coordinator;
- Submit monthly report on participants in each session, contents and issues to be solved or supported to Project Coordinator.
Objectives of the works:
- Students gain basic English vocabularies and grammars which support their study at school;
- Students gain basic English communication skill and can understand simple conversations.
- English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.0/B2 or higher is preferred;
- Experience in teaching;
- Priority is given to those who has experience working with people with disabilities or people in disadvantaged groups;
- Can be a sophomore or older.
Service fees are paid based on the job requirements, knowledge and skills of the trainers, as agreed upon between SPIR and the service provider.
300.000 VND/two-hour lesson
SPIR in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please note that Applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your Cover letter and CV to email@example.com referencing “Collaborator for VIS Opportunity” in the subject title.
Application Deadline: 30 Jan 2020
15/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020World Vision International - Vietnam
19/06/2020Embassy of Denmark
National Team Leader and International Team Member for Feasibility Study of Opportunities for Viet Nam to Participate in SEADRIFUNDP