Position: The Community-Based Ecotourism Expert, based in Hue
Helvetas, founded in 1955, is the largest Swiss-based and a leading European development non- governmental organization. We work in developing, emerging and transition countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe, partnering with poor and disadvantaged people to improve their livelihoods, strengthen local actors and create an institutional framework conducive to sustainable development. Helvetas has been operating in Vietnam since 1994 in the areas of agriculture, forestry, governance, water and sanitation, and rural development.
Helvetas Vietnam, in a consortium with WWF, IUCN and Fauna and Flora International (FFI), were recently selected to implement USAID’s Vietnam Biodiversity Activity, a five-year project covering five provinces of central Vietnam. Helvetas Vietnam has the overall responsibility for the conservation- friendly enterprise development component, targeting forest-dependent communities bordering national parks in Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam and Lam Dong provinces.
We are looking for a The Community-Based Ecotourism Expert, based in Hue city with frequent travel to project sites:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Community-Based Ecotourism Expert works as part of the Conservation Friendly Enterprise Develpoment Team as part of the larger USAID Vietnam Biodiversity Activity. The expert is responsible to manage to develop and manage a portfolio of partnerships with private companies and NGOs that provide women and men in forest-dependent communities with resilient, sustainable and profitable economic opportunities in community based ecotourism. To achieve this, the expert will work in close coordination with provincial implementation teams managed by WWF and Fauna and Flora International.
Key responsibilities of the Community Based Ecotourism Expert include:
- Analysing the community-based ecotourism sector in to identify key constraints and potential interventions and landscapes with high tourism
- Supporting private companies, supporting service providers and NGOs to develop sustainable, inclusive community-based tourism and ecotourism business models that provide improved income and employment opportunities for women and men in forest- dependent communities.
- Managing capacity building, technical and financial inputs that enable project partners to unlock realize new business models, and which encourage other actors to copy and crowd- in.
- Contributing to planning, monitoring, review, learning and adaptation by the Enterprise Development Team and in coordination with provincial implementation teams in the five target provinces.
- The Community-Based Ecotourism Technical Expert should have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in economic development, with at least two years related to community- based tourism or ecotourism. The candidate will be familiar value chain development concepts, with experience with the Market Systems Development strategic framework strongly preferred.
- The Community-Based Ecotourism Technical Expert should have excellent analytical skills, an open mind and the ability to identify creative and realistic solutions. As a strong team player, they are able to work across institutional boundaries with patience and flexibility. The candidate’s intrinsic motivation and commitment to quality allows them to deliver exceptional results with minimal external
- The Expert should have good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Vietnamese, high awareness of gender, social equity & conflict sensitivity, and willingness to travel.
Interest candidates please send updated CV and an Expression of Interest letter to Helvetas.email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by October 10th, 2020. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/10/2020UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
12/10/2020World Food Programme (WFP)
12/10/2020U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy Service for Providing Training on Business Planning and Pitching Skills for Start-up Youth/Entrepreneurs in Lao Cai ProvinceAide et Action (AEA)
Post date: 26/09/2020The Global Coffee Platform (GCP)
Post date: 26/09/2020Freeland
Post date: 26/09/2020Catholic Relief Services (CRS)